Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2015, 08:19 AM   #16

I take it you can't just go back to the person who sold it to you? I had a similar problem with an old Zeiss rangefinder, bought it mail order from overseas. All mechanically working but the lenses all need cleaning, going to be a hell of a job dismantling it. I went back to the seller, in the end he refunded me the purchase price and I kept the camera. He seemed genuine in not knowing about the lenses, dealers don't test these things after all, and he was really a small-time guy not a shop.

02-12-2015, 02:51 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies everyone. I did actually email Eric at the outset but he had none for sale at that time. I was also to long to send the camera back and didn't want to go through all that again (tried to return an item once on eBay and it took about 3 months). @carlb I will PM you. Appreciate all the advice here - thanks.
02-13-2015, 03:54 PM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by davidwaugh Quote
Thanks for the replies everyone. I did actually email Eric at the outset but he had none for sale at that time. I was also to long to send the camera back and didn't want to go through all that again (tried to return an item once on eBay and it took about 3 months). @carlb I will PM you. Appreciate all the advice here - thanks.
Quite late to all of this but I might just suggest you hold onto the LX until such time you've a bit more scratch to throw at it. My own, in fact is in a similar way. It developed the good old "sticky" early last summer and I'm just getting around to getting it off to Eric in the next few weeks at some point.
In the meantime you ought look at having the MX repaired - it'll be far less spendy to get an MX up and purring and (as they've always been for me) should keep you plenty satisfied. My 2 cents.