Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2015, 06:41 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MZ-5n (re-)wind issues

Hello,

Has anybody ever experienced wind and/or rewind problems on a Pentax MZ-5n when using bulk loaded plastic canisters?

When I use such a cartridge, winding stops mid-roll and the camera refuses to rewind, even if I press the rewind button on the side of the camera. It does not do anything at all.

I know the camera has potential motor/mirror issues. Mine had such problems and those issues were fixed by Eric Hendrickson of Pentax Camera Service. Is the mirror/motor issue related to the winding/rewinding issue?

When using regular metal, factory loaded canisters the camera seems to work fine.

Thank you in advance!

All the best,
Marcel

02-07-2015, 08:40 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Yes I have had that problem at least once in the past. I remember unloading it in the darkroom.

I believe that I have used the plastic cartridges other times without problems.

Sorry I can't be any more helpful.

Last edited by photolady95; 02-07-2015 at 09:51 AM. Reason: fixed typo