Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-02-2008, 11:05 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Spotmatic Lens Question

One of my neighbors has a Pentax Spotmatic that used to be owned by her late husband. I'm guessing the camera has not been used for years, because he also had a Minolta Maxxum 7000 and several lens. Anyway, she's going to have a garage sale to sell a lot of her things, including the Spotmatic, before she moves to a smaller home. She asked me to take a look at the cameras before she sells it. I've never used a Spotmatic or any M42 screw mount lens before. I've always had bayonet mount lenses. So my question is, if I want to remove the lens from the Spotmatic, does it just unscrew, or is there a button I need to push before unscrewing the lens?
Thanks

06-02-2008, 11:21 AM   #2
PFH
Veteran Member

You just unscrew the lens, the only thing to think about is the lever on the right side (seen from the front) this turns on the light meeter and closes the aperture. To remove the lens it must be down, elseway you risk the aperture pin on the lens.
06-02-2008, 11:54 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks, that's just what I needed to know.
Frank