Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-03-2008, 09:18 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
MX backs

Any of you MX users know which backs will fit the MX? Is it just ones from an MX or are there other models that will fit. I've got one coming that has a data back and I would also like to have a regular back for it.

CW

06-03-2008, 10:19 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Check the "Backs" section here:

Welcome to Bojidar Dimitrov's Pentax K-Mount Page

The K-Mount bible. Gotta respect a site that, on google, even outranks the Wikipedia page.
06-03-2008, 10:34 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks Lithos. He covers the bulk film back and the data back but not the regular backs. However, it looks like my initial question was answered if I read it right. An MX back is interchangeable with another MX back and that's pretty much it.
06-03-2008, 01:26 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
To my knowledge the backs cannot be interchanged with those from other cameras (LX or the like), even if they are technically the same or very similar. The have a slightly different form factor. I just confirmed that with my MX and LX backs.

Ben

06-03-2008, 05:09 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks Ben. I have an old Program Plus that is a parts camera and the back fits my Super Program. Yes, I know they are the same chassis with different bells and whistles. Well, now I just have to find a regular MX back that won't cost me an arm and leg.

CW