Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-16-2015, 09:29 PM   #1
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,457
Im a K1000 Murderer....I Left it on my roof !

Im so sad.....mad...... and pissed right now !
I was at the river doing a few shots with my K1000 of a nice sunset.......and I drove off and left it on my roof ! Attached was 24mm SMC "A" I just got.....OUCH !
I went back and retraced my steps and finally found it......it was ran over ....... repeatedly........ruined.......done for ......pieces ........ I killed it !
Only had it since 2010 as it was a replacement body when all my film gear was stolen on 10-10-10...... so it wasn't like a lifelong friend...yet.


So now Im on a mission to find yet another manual film body that ISNT a K1000......any suggestions ? I know this is PENTAX forums but looking hard at a Ricoh KR-10 or KSX (Sears Branded KR-10).....open to suggestions....... I shoot only manual lenses. No real preferences at this point except its PK mount. I like budget deals and don't want to spend over $60 for a decent body that I will have CLA and serviced of course by Eric H.
I can hear taps playing in the distance.....


03-16-2015, 09:44 PM   #2
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,354
ouch! were you able to save the 24mm?
03-16-2015, 09:48 PM   #3
Pentaxian
ChristianRock's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Woodstock, GA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,461
Ouch for that 24mm!
My wife has lost three cell phones that way, and I lost my favorite bible... we always check on each other now!
03-16-2015, 09:50 PM   #4
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,457
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sergysergy Quote
ouch! were you able to save the 24mm?
Yeah.....Right.... It was mangled beyond words.


---------- Post added 03-17-15 at 12:54 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Ouch for that 24mm!
My wife has lost three cell phones that way, and I lost my favorite bible... we always check on each other now!
I just bought it last month for $175......but then I do have a spare from a yardsale that I found a week or so later....so I still have a 24mm 'A' lens.


Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 03-16-2015 at 09:57 PM.
03-16-2015, 09:54 PM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Far North Qld
Posts: 3,290
Ouch indeed, but no photo of the carnage?
('Schadenfreude' is such a wonderful word )
03-16-2015, 09:56 PM   #6
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,457
Original Poster
Im on Ebay right now....have $46 bucks in PayPus so that "IS" the budget....lol.
Its so nice that Pentax Forums has a "Blocked List".......lol. IT WORKS !

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 03-16-2015 at 10:08 PM.
03-16-2015, 10:12 PM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
LaurenOE's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,482
I think a tribunal is in order.
Pentaxslaughter - involuntary or not - is a VERY serious crime here.
I don't think you can get a fair trial if you are seeking a non-Pentax replacement.
Blasphemer, heresy, moral weakness.

A K1000 with an SMC-A 24?????

They are almost extinct!!!!

Shocking!!!!



(it happens, sorry you had to experience it).
03-16-2015, 10:19 PM   #8
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,457
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
I think a tribunal is in order.
Pentaxslaughter - involuntary or not - is a VERY serious crime here.
I don't think you can get a fair trial if you are seeking a non-Pentax replacement.
Blasphemer, heresy, moral weakness.

A K1000 with an SMC-A 24?????

They are almost extinct!!!!

Shocking!!!!



(it happens, sorry you have to experience it).
I know....I know.....l know. Im trying to convince myself to keep a recent find (Ricoh KR-10) that was going to Ebay next week. But Im afraid its Blasphemy to say it on here ! I liked it a lot...but now Im reconsidering it.



03-16-2015, 10:20 PM   #9
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2014
Photos: Albums
Posts: 874
Could always try an LX, ME/super, PZ series, or ZX series.
03-16-2015, 10:25 PM   #10
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,457
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Auzzie-Phoenix Quote
Could always try an LX, ME/super, PZ series, or ZX series.
I need self timer , exposure compensation , and at least a shutter to 1/1000 , and needle metering......that's pretty much it......Im not at all familiar with anything other than K1000 for film. Let me do my research....LX....LX....LX.......Thinking....thinking....thinking......
03-16-2015, 10:30 PM   #11
Site Supporter
LaurenOE's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,482
QuoteOriginally posted by Dlanor Sekao Quote
I know....I know.....l know. Im trying to convince myself to keep a recent find (Ricoh KR-10) that was going to Ebay next week. But Im afraid its Blasphemy to say it on here ! I liked it a lot...but now Im reconsidering it.

Too funny.

You *do* realize that the K1000 is universally loved by everyone.
Canikony folks too, since most of them remember or started with or heard about that camera.

In all of Pentaxia, the K1000...not only is it hard to kill...but no one would ever do that to one.

( am I making you feel worse? )

LOL.

03-16-2015, 10:34 PM   #12
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,457
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
Too funny.

You *do* realize that the K1000 is universally loved by everyone.
Canikony folks too, since most of them remember or started with or heard about that camera.

In all of Pentaxia, the K1000...not only is it hard to kill...but no one would ever do that to one.

( am I making you feel worse? )

LOL.

No....the feeling bad part is over. Now the LBA and getting a "new to me" body is very interesting. I was attached to my K1000 that was stolen in 2010 as I had it for 30 years.....but not this one at all.......Upgrade time ! The Ricoh is going on Ebay....Im getting a Pentax for sure......again.
03-16-2015, 11:00 PM - 1 Like   #13
Pentaxian
Sagitta's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Maine
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,934
Do you want an SF10? I'll send you mine for the shipping costs. Its a bit more modern than your K1000, but since I have little interest in film these days, at least I know it'd go to a good home.

I know it works, as I shot a roll through it last year, then realized my development options were limited, expensive, and crappy so promptly gave up on it.
03-16-2015, 11:30 PM   #14
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,457
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
Do you want an SF10? I'll send you mine for the shipping costs. Its a bit more modern than your K1000, but since I have little interest in film these days, at least I know it'd go to a good home.

I know it works, as I shot a roll through it last year, then realized my development options were limited, expensive, and crappy so promptly gave up on it.
Thanks for the offer very much.....However I must Pass. I have 2 SF1N bodies coming this week. I bought them for the glass ( "F" 35-70 lens ) that was attached to each.
Im going to be giving those away to whoever wants them in a separate Post next week or whenever they come in. But I do thank you again.
03-17-2015, 01:11 AM   #15
Pentaxian




Join Date: Feb 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 986
QuoteOriginally posted by Dlanor Sekao Quote
So now Im on a mission to find yet another manual film body that ISNT a K1000......any suggestions ?
I use a k2. very nice camera.. bit hefty, also works with the needle Love that..
and there is an av setting for when you just want to shoot without thinking.

When you do go this route, i'don't want to hear any horror stories about what happened to it :-)
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
24mm, body, film, im, im a k1000, k1000, k1000 murderer....i, ouch, roof
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can I use my K1000 as a light meter? Super Takumar Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 8 09-04-2014 12:30 PM
A Pentax K1000 fell into my lap and here I am MamasBrownie Welcomes and Introductions 12 02-05-2014 10:52 AM
Santa left a K3 on my doorstep!! monochrome Pentax K-3 21 12-23-2013 09:37 AM
I Left My Camera Bag on a Train... Heie General Talk 40 08-15-2013 11:27 AM
My K-5 turned off while I left it for interval shooting :-/ Vicboy Pentax K-5 9 02-23-2012 03:35 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:33 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top