Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-06-2008, 04:17 PM   #1

$125 LX on Fleabay

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Someone just scored a LX body on fleabay with buy it now for $125!!

Pentax LX Camera Body - eBay (item 180251196491 end time Jun-06-08 16:10:17 PDT)

Don't you just hate it when you hit the buy it now button and it tells you the auction has ended

Oh well, I don't really need a LX anyway.....

06-06-2008, 04:47 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I know what you mean. I wonder who got it. We Pentaxians are not a terribly large group.
06-07-2008, 08:33 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by felix68 Quote
Someone just scored a LX body on fleabay with buy it now for $125!!

Pentax LX Camera Body - eBay (item 180251196491 end time Jun-06-08 16:10:17 PDT)

Don't you just hate it when you hit the buy it now button and it tells you the auction has ended

It looked like a pretty beaten up old version. I wouldn't sweat it being a good deal. I have three of the things that I haven't used in years. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I haven't used two of them at all since i got them back from being CLA'd.
06-08-2008, 11:27 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
It looked like a pretty beaten up old version. I wouldn't sweat it being a good deal. I have three of the things that I haven't used in years. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I haven't used two of them at all since i got them back from being CLA'd.
So, are you offering me one of your LXs for $125?

06-08-2008, 01:40 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

So, are you offering me one of your LXs for $125?
Mine aren't beaten up.
06-23-2008, 07:49 AM   #6
Forum Member

Mine aren't beaten up.
LOL. Nice.

Seriously, if you ever want to put one on the marketplace at a fair price, let me know. Promise -- I would take very good care of it. FleaBay is just such a gamble when it comes to old cameras. Lots sellers say that their copy just got back from a full CLA but I've gotten a couple of "fully functional" cameras that weren't and am I'm always suspicious.
06-23-2008, 08:00 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

Riiight.

06-23-2008, 12:18 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TiJean Quote
LOL. Nice.

Seriously, if you ever want to put one on the marketplace at a fair price, let me know. Promise -- I would take very good care of it. FleaBay is just such a gamble when it comes to old cameras. Lots sellers say that their copy just got back from a full CLA but I've gotten a couple of "fully functional" cameras that weren't and am I'm always suspicious.
I'll keep that in mind. The problem with the LX is that if it doesn't get used, it's internals tend to biodegrade. A few years ago, I sent all three of mine in for CLA's, I had the mirror bumpers as well as the ISO resistors and aperture cam followers replaced on all three.
And then, not long afterwards, I bought an istD and the poor LX's have been virtually ignored ever since.
Meaning, I might have 3 LXs with sticky mirror.....
06-23-2008, 01:40 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The problem with the LX is that if it doesn't get used, it's internals tend to biodegrade.
I'd also heard that each year of the LX was a little different from the previous year which makes it difficult to stock parts for them.