Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-15-2015, 10:20 AM   #16

Original Poster
Special thanks to Titrisol! I'll be shooting Pentax soon! Just have to get a battery and find where I put that 50mm lens. I'm more than a little upset that I've misplaced it.

05-15-2015, 12:06 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you want that Program functionality from your A lens but don't want to spend too much, check out the Pentax SF1 and SF1n.
These cameras are full-featured, but aren't everyone's idea of a pretty princess. Includes auto-focus, motor-wind, and TTL flash.
Think of it as almost a Pentax MZ-S at almost 10% of the price.
05-16-2015, 05:32 AM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AquaDome Quote
If you want that Program functionality from your A lens but don't want to spend too much, check out the Pentax SF1 and SF1n.
These cameras are full-featured, but aren't everyone's idea of a pretty princess. Includes auto-focus, motor-wind, and TTL flash.
Think of it as almost a Pentax MZ-S at almost 10% of the price.
I'll look into that one later.

The one thing that I'm noticing w/o putting film in is that the camera can't talk to the 50mm f/1.4 at all (FOUND IT!), or my Vivitar 75-300mm. The aperture is always "--". I'm fine using it in manual/Aperture Priority modes via the lens ring, but will it still shoot the aperture appropriately, or is it locked open by the camera's arm?
05-16-2015, 02:09 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Set the lens in A mode, the camera talks to it in that way
Else it shows the -- but stil reads the aperture
You can find a camera manual at butkus.org

05-18-2015, 07:43 AM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WDibble Quote
I'll look into that one later.

The one thing that I'm noticing w/o putting film in is that the camera can't talk to the 50mm f/1.4 at all (FOUND IT!), or my Vivitar 75-300mm. The aperture is always "--". I'm fine using it in manual/Aperture Priority modes via the lens ring, but will it still shoot the aperture appropriately, or is it locked open by the camera's arm?
PS:
I tested a similar setup last night.
The camera will shoot at the proper exposure with the lenses without electronic contacts, the MZ7 can read the aperture using the ring.
However, since you are not using the camera to set the aperture it will show --

The A series onwards it shows the aperture if you set the lens in A
06-01-2015, 11:50 AM   #21

Original Poster
Awesome, thanks guys. I'm going up to Castle Mont Rouge next week and will probably take this guyu up there with some Ilford 100 in it. Got owner permission to photograph the property whenever I like earlier this year. I teach so this has been an insane last few weeks!