Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2015, 02:32 PM   #1

Repairing a Pentax P30t

I have a Pentax P30t camera body that was in storage for several years. I put fresh batteries in but cannot get it to power up. That is, the shutter speed doesn't appear as it should when the camera is turned on. I'd like to get it running as a back up for my MX if it can be repaired for a reasonable price. The place that did my MX refurb doesn't list the P30t as one of the models they service. Any suggestions for a good repair service I could contact?

Thanks!

Mike

05-12-2015, 03:11 PM   #2
Site Supporter

If you are Ebay savvy and not overly sentimental you could buy a working one cheap and sell yours for parts.
05-12-2015, 04:33 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are you sure you have the batteries right-side-up? IIRC, the batteries in my P30t went in backwards compared to my ME/Super/etc. Just a thought...
05-12-2015, 04:33 PM   #4
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sliver-Surfer Quote
If you are Ebay savvy and not overly sentimental you could buy a working one cheap and sell yours for parts.

You can probably buy a nice working P30T or P3n for much less than the cost of repair.

Chris

05-12-2015, 04:46 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Are you sure you have the batteries right-side-up? IIRC, the batteries in my P30t went in backwards compared to my ME/Super/etc. Just a thought...
You bet. I also tested the batteries.

---------- Post added 05-12-15 at 04:49 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
You can probably buy a nice working P30T or P3n for much less than the cost of repair.

Chris
I was thinking that it might turn out to be that way. But I thought I might check with a service before making a decision. The MX had sentimental value and was worth the expense to get it up snuff. The P30t not so much.