Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2015, 08:16 PM   #1

Project with films!

Well I'm going to Korea with Pentax 67! I'm planning to bring 50 rolls of films BUT the financially it's impossible for now...

http://www.gofundme.com/filmsfunding

I've been dream this for several months for this trip. I know that using films are really expansive but I really love the color, process, and film.
I'm not sure if I can earn $800 before June 8th, but I'm giving tries for hope with my part time job. I'm waiting for this trip so much even I don't have 50 rolls of films!

05-14-2015, 07:07 AM   #2

Good luck with your trip & project sunshine7913! Sounds like it should be a really fun and rewarding trip for you. With regards to shooting a lot of 120 film, do you have a plan on what you will shoot? Once you pick a film for the look of the project I would suggest buying a few 5count boxes up and take with you. Don't worry about the Xray machines at the airport, I have never had film ruined by them. You may find with MF you will be much more conservative with shots than 35mm. You will know after the first boxes how much you really need to buy and you wont have to worry about buying more film than you need if your on a budget.

I remember you posting about choosing films before and unsure what to shoot. Have you tested any to see what films appeal to you? Its always helpful to write and rewrite your project in the form of an artist statement to help decide how you plan to approach the project. This should help with everything from film choice to subject matter and bring more focus to your shooting. For instance I see its centered round family and memories, are you planing to shoot people? If you are shooting color that may lend you towards a film balanced best for skin like Portra for instance.

Last edited by johnsey; 05-14-2015 at 07:20 AM.
05-14-2015, 08:05 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by johnsey Quote
Good luck with your trip & project sunshine7913! Sounds like it should be a really fun and rewarding trip for you. With regards to shooting a lot of 120 film, do you have a plan on what you will shoot? Once you pick a film for the look of the project I would suggest buying a few 5count boxes up and take with you. Don't worry about the Xray machines at the airport, I have never had film ruined by them. You may find with MF you will be much more conservative with shots than 35mm. You will know after the first boxes how much you really need to buy and you wont have to worry about buying more film than you need if your on a budget.

I remember you posting about choosing films before and unsure what to shoot. Have you tested any to see what films appeal to you? Its always helpful to write and rewrite your project in the form of an artist statement to help decide how you plan to approach the project. This should help with everything from film choice to subject matter and bring more focus to your shooting. For instance I see its centered round family and memories, are you planing to shoot people? If you are shooting color that may lend you towards a film balanced best for skin like Portra for instance.
Wow. You know what I'm doing huh? Well basically, my school is base on fine art so mostly we do fine art photography. I'm going to shoot cityscape and people in Korea. Portra 400 will be my best choice since I've been shooting with Fuji 400h which is hard to edit. Memory can not be seen with our eyes. Yes, that's why my professor argued about this project but I know what I'm going to do because memories can be seen in any forms such as places, people, subjects, and etc. Many people questioned me why am I using film camera instead of digital camera? Firstly, film camera can be a memory and past for our life. Film camera itself is old and contains lots of memories. Since my parents are old generation people, they will understand more than digital. Anyway, I should fix the description in detail to attract people for funding.