Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-31-2015, 08:44 AM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by utak Quote
The lens looks good on all kinds of cameras...even those that might not win everyone's beauty competition...

It's not the only make of zebra, of course, especially with the Eastern European lenses. I even found a Russian Helios 44 zebra (M39) recently. But it is the most beautiful, I think, and I enjoy using it on the above cameras.
The Zebra lens is indeed a great looking lens.

05-31-2015, 09:49 AM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fiddler Quote
"Don't forget that other companies wanted credit for selling Pentax. A long time ago, in England, the cameras were sold as Honeywell Pentax. Maybe others tried to cash in on the Pentax success."

When exactly did "Honeywell"---The USA Importer/ Distributor, sell their branded Pentax in the United Kingdom ?.
I'm going back several decades when I was still living in England. Honeywell did have a presence in England and various electrical goods were sold under the Honeywell name. From memory the Pentax was sold under the H1, H2, and H3 brands. I may be wrong but I don't think so.

---------- Post added 05-31-15 at 12:56 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by geomez Quote
My juvenile brain proclaims the Optio NB1000 to be Pentax's most beautiful.
It's only as ugly as your Lego building skills
Holy Mackerel, that is UGLY. Only a Legoholic could stand to look at it.
05-31-2015, 10:42 AM   #48

Well I *thought* the correct answer would be the MX (like mine)....

...but now I've seen it, I am rather smitten by the SV....
05-31-2015, 01:38 PM - 1 Like   #49
Pentaxian

For me it has to be the silver SV. I find it particularly aesthetically pleasing with a medium-length lens like the 105mm pre-set Takumar fitted. It reminds me of the long-bonneted sports cars of the 1960s.

05-31-2015, 01:48 PM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by edmundrt Quote
For me it has to be the silver SV. I find it particularly aesthetically pleasing with a medium-length lens like the 105mm pre-set Takumar fitted. It reminds me of the long-bonneted sports cars of the 1960s.
Several of you choose the SV as the most beautiful Pentax. It certainly has the clean, classic, beautiful design of the early Pentaxes. Great choice.
05-31-2015, 02:02 PM   #51

Oh don't worry, I've already checked ebay! It's on the "want" list now.
05-31-2015, 03:35 PM   #52
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by P. Soo Quote
I'm going back several decades when I was still living in England. Honeywell did have a presence in England and various electrical goods were sold under the Honeywell name. From memory the Pentax was sold under the H1, H2, and H3 brands. I may be wrong but I don't think so.

---------- Post added 05-31-15 at 12:56 PM ----------

Holy Mackerel, that is UGLY. Only a Legoholic could stand to look at it.
"I'm going back several decades when I was still living in England. Honeywell did have a presence in England and various electrical goods were sold under the Honeywell name. From memory the Pentax was sold under the H1, H2, and H3 brands. I may be wrong but I don't think so".

Thanks for the Reply, I was born there, close to Seventy years ago and have no recollection of seeing "Honeywell" on a Pentax. They were all Asahi. Actually when I see "Honeywell" labeled stuff, all I see is a Thermostat !!

I started buying Pentax around 1965/66.
05-31-2015, 08:34 PM   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Venom3300 Quote
The problem sir, is that it's not a pentax really. Its an asahi. The pentax brand hand by been introduced yet.
Technically AOC “Asahi Optical Company”. Asahi is the Japanese word for “morning sun” and I’ve seen everything from beer to baseball teams using the name Asahi.

Phil

06-01-2015, 03:13 AM   #54
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Technically AOC “Asahi Optical Company”. Asahi is the Japanese word for “morning sun” and I’ve seen everything from beer to baseball teams using the name Asahi.

Phil
I tried a dry Asahi beer once - horrible. Stick to Asahi cameras.
06-01-2015, 11:43 AM   #55
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Was it Asahi beer in the US, or in Japan?
It's usually not very good in the US, but in Japan it's very different and quite good.
06-01-2015, 12:27 PM   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Was it Asahi beer in the US, or in Japan?
It's usually not very good in the US, but in Japan it's very different and quite good.
It was a Japanese restaurant in the USA. I thought I'd try a "dry" beer but I didn't like it. Maybe a non-dry Asahi would have been fine. I now stick to a large canned Sapporo beer to wash down my sashimi (gulp).
06-01-2015, 01:51 PM   #57
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I did not try the beer, but the Asahi bottled water was fine.

Phil.