Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-06-2015, 03:12 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Super Program film counter

I've recently acquired a Super Program which looks to be in fine condition. It does need new light seals and the frame counter won't fully reset when the back is opened. Other than that and a few rubs on the base plate it is lovely.

The film counter problem is perhaps just a nuisance, but still..... Is this repair something I could attempt, or should I send it off to Eric?

Thanks!

06-06-2015, 06:29 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by grhazelton Quote
I've recently acquired a Super Program which looks to be in fine condition. It does need new light seals and the frame counter won't fully reset when the back is opened. Other than that and a few rubs on the base plate it is lovely.

The film counter problem is perhaps just a nuisance, but still..... Is this repair something I could attempt, or should I send it off to Eric?

Thanks!
The old foam may have jammed the reset projection. Try dropping some lubricant into the reset slot in the door channel. I dip a toothpick into a light oil like WD40 to avoid overdoing it.
06-06-2015, 06:33 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by grhazelton Quote

Thanks!
Too funny. I once sent a camera to Eric with the same problem. He sent it back unfixed.
06-09-2015, 10:55 AM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
The old foam may have jammed the reset projection. Try dropping some lubricant into the reset slot in the door channel. I dip a toothpick into a light oil like WD40 to avoid overdoing it.
That is my diagnosis as well.

Steve