Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-10-2015, 09:56 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Winder LX Wiring Diagram?

Hey folks,

I recently purchased a Winder LX and it seems to me to be way noisier than a winder should be. So I decided to open it up this morning to inspect the gear trains to see if they might need some lubrication, and to inspect it for wear elsewhere within the winder. Well, as luck would have it, when I pulled apart the two halves of the case, three wires came loose from their soldered points -- the two wires (brown and black) leading to the accessory jack, and one long red wire that goes from the PC board to who knows where. I don't know what the red wire does, but I'm able to get the winder to operate partially dismantled and with the camera not hooked up to it. It will cycle and stop every time I turn the switch from off to "C".

I know why the brown and black wires separated because they're attached to one case half. But I don't know why the red wire separated because both its attachment points should have been internal.

So anyway, I could really use a Winder LX wiring diagram -- jpg, pdf, whatever -- a repair manual pdf would be great too. I've looked for both on the 'net and eBay, but haven't had any luck with either resource, so I thought I'd give the Forum a try. If you don't have a wiring diagram, but might have notes as to which wires go where, that would be fine as well.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Last edited by cooltouch; 06-10-2015 at 10:07 AM.
06-10-2015, 10:14 AM   #2
GPZ
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
This is one for the MX. Not sure how different they are. www.robertstech.com/stuff/PentaxWinderMX.pdf.
06-10-2015, 12:57 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
Hope this works
Attached Images

06-10-2015, 05:34 PM   #4
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cooltouch Quote
So anyway, I could really use a Winder LX wiring diagram -- jpg, pdf, whatever
Here ya go - Boz's K-mount site has just what you need -

http://www.bdimitrov.de/kmp/technology/winder_LX/diagram.gif

[Edit: Oops - I should have refreshed the page before replying - I think I posted the same info as robry had already done.]

06-11-2015, 09:14 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks very much, all of you! I'll print it out and compare it to the winder. See if I can figure out the solder points from the schematic. Incidentally, that's why I requested a wiring diagram, because often things like solder points are more obvious.
06-17-2015, 09:37 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I thought I'd follow up with a bit of good news. I contacted a fellow named Gray at uscamera.com -- an outfit that advertised the fact that it has a lot of parts for Pentax. Well, Gray was nice enough to email me a pdf of the LX Winder's Parts Manual, which included a wiring diagram for the Winder. Exactly what I needed. It also has a nice exploded diagram of the Winder. If any of you are interested in a copy of this manual, PM me and I'll send you a copy.

Just in case you might be interested, here's an image of the Winder LX's wiring diagram:

Last edited by cooltouch; 06-17-2015 at 09:45 AM.