Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2015, 10:27 AM   #31
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dlanor Sekao Quote
I don't want to argue with any of you long standing collectors and repair Guys. Im just a noob at all this and probably got it all wrong anyway. Its confusing reading the service and repair manuals when things keep getting referenced back to Spotmatics and such.....gets very confusing.
I have what I have...... and Im sorry I even came on here to post my recent find that I was so happy to be reunited with...... the exact model K1000 that I used in High school........a crappy fake model SE and third party re-covered POS....... I hope a couple of You got your Kicks spanking me....

Getting some more film today for testing and will probably have to send to Eric to replace the now deteriorated door seals.....maybe I will get lucky and they wont leak in spite of needing replaced.....Im keeping this Fuggly one to replace the K1000 I murdered last fall when I drove off and left it on the roof with a SMC-K 24mm attached !
Apologies if you feel that you were being "spanked" that was not intended. Most of us have K1000's and also the K1000 SE model, so even though they may not be our favorite Pentax film camera we all have a soft spot for them.

I believe in the end we did accomplish one thing with the K1000 meter range and can safely say a couple Pentax web sites, including this one, have the range listed incorrectly.

Also the K1000SE did exist, but the question for me is how world wide its availability/distribution was. The lack of advertising does not help.

I'm the mean time I will email the correct ASA range to these web sites and see if I can get them changed.

It's a good idea to send the camera to Eric if it has been "sitting" for a long period. His CLA will make it like new at a reasonable price.
Post some picture when you get a chance.

Phil.

07-05-2015, 12:17 PM   #32
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Apologies if you feel that you were being "spanked" that was not intended. Most of us have K1000's and also the K1000 SE model, so even though they may not be our favorite Pentax film camera we all have a soft spot for them.

I believe in the end we did accomplish one thing with the K1000 meter range and can safely say a couple Pentax web sites, including this one, have the range listed incorrectly.

Also the K1000SE did exist, but the question for me is how world wide its availability/distribution was. The lack of advertising does not help.

I'm the mean time I will email the correct ASA range to these web sites and see if I can get them changed.

It's a good idea to send the camera to Eric if it has been "sitting" for a long period. His CLA will make it like new at a reasonable price.
Post some picture when you get a chance.

Phil.
Thanks Phil....Its all in fun....glad I learned about what I have had in my hands twice......Consider myself quite lucky !I have test film in right now , so maybe get lucky ? Last K1000 had seals gone and it didn't leak any light. I will probably do a complete post and thought about adding a separate review if allowed.
07-05-2015, 02:31 PM   #33
Site Supporter

It seems odd that a camera designed to be the least expensive absolute barebones
minimalist "light-tight box" would even have special editions, or collectors thereof.
I suppose there's someone out there who owns every model and color variation Holga.

Those who prefer a split-image focusing aid might justifiably want to seek out a so-equipped K1000SE.

Years ago an eBay seller was selling custom painted khaki "safari edition" K1000 bodies.
I wouldn't mind having one of those, or a KM with K1000 top cover.

Chris
07-05-2015, 03:26 PM   #34
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tool_Horder Quote
HI,
One of the problems with text messages
Hi Tool_Horder,
One of the problems with YOUR text messages is that you do not use enough ( or any) paragraph breaks!

Your contributions are otherwise worth-while and interesting.

So why don't you add a few breaks and line spaces so us old geezers can follow along?

07-05-2015, 05:52 PM   #35
Pentaxian

Im actually Good with all You guys in this thread. Most of You are new to me because I don't usually hang here in this section.
Just would have hated it if this thread deteriorated into a mess like some of the others have done recently when there is so much to learn.
I have a warped sense of humor anyway so that tends to either get me into trouble quickly....or.....I say too much too late and then get into trouble !

I did list the Camera on Ebay with a near duplicate listing from the one in Australia listed in this thread and changed a few things. I Asked a decent price for it and at least will get major mileage and some drools out of it......sure it will create a stir on Ebay.....already have had two messages telling me that its not original and either re-covered....or....that Im just Full of Shit in general .......the Brown Leatherette was the first !

Very RARE Pentax K1000 SE First Edition | eBay?

Either way its all Good .......serial numbers don't lie , having bought one New (old stock) when I was 17 in 1982 is fact , and I have officially as of today turned down a $200 offer........ Im getting a big kick out of all this and learning Alot !

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 07-05-2015 at 06:34 PM.
07-05-2015, 09:47 PM   #36
Site Supporter

There's always this gold plated K1000 someone did in Italy! Only $985USD.

Fancy - Gold Pentax K1000 Camera

Phil.
07-06-2015, 10:27 PM - 1 Like   #37
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There's always this gold plated K1000 someone did in Italy! Only $985USD.

Fancy - Gold Pentax K1000 Camera

Phil.
...or simply polish all the chrome off...

Steve
07-07-2015, 01:36 PM   #38
Site Supporter

Found this on the Asahi Optical Historical Club web site. They note the SE was made for the North America market, this is the only info I've been able to find on where the K1000SE was sold.

The day museum was celebrating 25 years of the K1000 and 20 years of the MEF, the first 35mm autofocus SLR put on sale.

Many variations of the K1000 were present: the standard model, a cornerstone of SLR photography, and some special versions like the SE for the North-American market and the K1000 Anniversary, maybe the only exclusive SLR for the Italian market only. Made by the former Pentax importer in 1994, it was intended for celebrating 25 years of their partnership with Pentax. We do hope we won’t have to wait so long to see another special version of a Pentax SLR from Protege.

Then, you could see the rare K1000 Post (made for the French Postal Service without the shutter speed dial, hence with just one shutter speed) and some Chinese clones of the K1000: the MINGCA and the GALILEO, featuring black finish, self-timer and meter readouts via LED in place of needle.

Phil.

07-07-2015, 02:35 PM   #39
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Found this on the Asahi Optical Historical Club web site. They note the SE was made for the North America market, this is the only info I've been able to find on where the K1000SE was sold.

The day museum was celebrating 25 years of the K1000 and 20 years of the MEF, the first 35mm autofocus SLR put on sale.

Many variations of the K1000 were present: the standard model, a cornerstone of SLR photography, and some special versions like the SE for the North-American market and the K1000 Anniversary, maybe the only exclusive SLR for the Italian market only. Made by the former Pentax importer in 1994, it was intended for celebrating 25 years of their partnership with Pentax. We do hope we won’t have to wait so long to see another special version of a Pentax SLR from Protege.

Then, you could see the rare K1000 Post (made for the French Postal Service without the shutter speed dial, hence with just one shutter speed) and some Chinese clones of the K1000: the MINGCA and the GALILEO, featuring black finish, self-timer and meter readouts via LED in place of needle.

Phil.
The K1000 Anniversary is on ebay for a modest price:

Pentax K1000 Anniversary KIT 50F2 0 | eBay

07-07-2015, 04:44 PM   #40
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
That's an awful lot of money for what appears to be a late made-in-China plastic K1000.
I guess the ridiculous badge is very valuable...

Chris
07-07-2015, 04:49 PM   #41
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
That's an awful lot of money for what appears to be a late made-in-China plastic K1000.
I guess the ridiculous badge is very valuable...
Only 300 were made, so yep the badge is valuable!

Phil.
07-07-2015, 05:02 PM   #42
Pentaxian

What camera came in this Box last month ? The second picture is a "CLUE".....lol.

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 01-02-2017 at 03:05 PM.
07-07-2015, 07:31 PM   #43
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dlanor Sekao Quote
What camera came in this Box last month ? The second picture is a "CLUE".....lol.
Oh no another K1000 model the SDE! Hopefully that's just a piece of foam that ended up in the viewfinder. Mine had lots of "stuff" which Eric cleaned up nicely.

Phil.
07-07-2015, 07:48 PM   #44
Pentaxian

Oh no another K1000 model the SDE! Hopefully that's just a piece of foam that ended up in the viewfinder. Mine had lots of "stuff" which Eric cleaned up nicely.

Phil.
Haha....From what Im told and read the prism is De-Silvering ? It looks like Fungus , but there are too many pics of the exact same thing on China SDE prisms all over the internet and Im told its not fungus and that its a very very common issue with China SDE K1000's. The camera is mint looking and hardly used...... and it works Great ! But the China Christmas tree in the view finder is quite annoying !
Im debating if I should send it to Eric or send it off to the Ebay Bone yard .......lol.
I need a donor K1000 prism and a bit more knowledge to tackle it myself......I might just use it and a couple beater lenses as a spare in the Camper to use and abuse around water. It too has the ASA 20-3200 on the dial , but lots of Plastic parts. I guess that's where the "Deluxe" comes in....Deluxe Plastic !!!

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 07-07-2015 at 07:53 PM.