Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-14-2008, 11:31 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
KM and SMCP (K) 28mm f/3.5 on auction site

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

[Edit] ITEM TO WATCH

Hi all: I had this in my watch list but I already own a KX and the same lens, so I thought I would bring this to the attention of the Forum.

Pentax KM Vintage Camera - Pentax 1:3.5/28 Lens Nice!! - eBay (item 200230890924 end time Jun-17-08 22:14:18 PDT)

Auction has 3d +9hrs to go a/o 2:30 pm Sat 06/14 CDT, and priced at $16.

If you want to bid post up here so I back off - otherwise . . .

Last edited by monochrome; 06-14-2008 at 01:36 PM.
06-14-2008, 12:14 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Dammit.

Although, I'm just scanning some from my Rikenon 28mm f3.5, and I've gotta say I'm impressed. If the Pentax ones go for $16, then the Riks'd go for $10.

So I'll have to be satisfied with the Rik.
06-14-2008, 12:15 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hmmm... never from South Florida!!

Hi, uh....

Your link shows me an auction that ends in just under 3 and a half DAYS as of this post. I watched a spotmatic go from 16 dollars to 102 dollars within the last 20 minutes just the other day.

The photo of the camera looks good, but..... the seller is in Miami.

Being a former South Floridian, I would NEVER buy used gear from that neck of the woods.... too humid, too much fungus. And remember, these folks lost air conditioning and climate control for *weeks* after all the hurricanes. Unless the seller is willing to take it back for mildew or fungus, I wouldn't give him the time of day for the gear.

Buyer beware!

germar

former S. Floridian, proud Texan
06-14-2008, 12:19 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by germar Quote
Hi, uh....

Your link shows me an auction that ends in just under 3 and a half DAYS as of this post. I watched a spotmatic go from 16 dollars to 102 dollars within the last 20 minutes just the other day.

The photo of the camera looks good, but..... the seller is in Miami.

Being a former South Floridian, I would NEVER buy used gear from that neck of the woods.... too humid, too much fungus. And remember, these folks lost air conditioning and climate control for *weeks* after all the hurricanes. Unless the seller is willing to take it back for mildew or fungus, I wouldn't give him the time of day for the gear.

Buyer beware!

germar

former S. Floridian, proud Texan
Ooops - corrected the time remaining.

As to the risk of fungus and the "Broken English" and, "I don't know if it works" statement and "All Sales Final" statement, yes, those are potential eBay come-on tactics that any experienced bidder ought to know about and take into consideration.

I always allow for the cost of a CLA when I buy a camera body - and I always have one done immediately.

I think my main reason for posting this is if the price stays below something small I would take the risks you mention on the chance that either the camera of the lens would be OK. If the bidding goes above that level, well, OK, somebody else is taking the risk.

And, of course, I am in Missouri - I have no personal interest in this auction and would not post this if I did.

Last edited by monochrome; 06-14-2008 at 12:29 PM.
06-14-2008, 01:16 PM   #5
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by germar Quote
Yeah.

Lithos' First Law of eBay: There's always someone, somewhere, who's willing to pay a brand-new price for a secondhand item, even if the item is commonly available in a regular store.

Lithos' Second Law of eBay: The First Law is always invoked when there is less than five minutes to run on the auction, if it has not been invoked earlier.