Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2015, 05:34 PM - 1 Like   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
I bought my 43 Ltd. back in 2011 for the purpose of using it with film. I've used on my MZ-S, MZ-L, ZX-5n, PZ-1, SF-10, ME, MX, KM, and K2.
For an autofocus lens it manual focuses quite well.
It's funny - the 43 was the last one I bought, and on a whim because an elderly Russian guy in my neighborhood put one up on Craigslist - nearly mint and cheap. I took it out a few times right after I bought but was usually favoring the other two. Over the past two years I've been slowly but surely favoring it every time if given the choice. It's arguably become my very favorite all-around lens ever simply for the combination of everything it offers.
Also, those shots are, as per usual, effin fantastic.

07-16-2015, 06:19 PM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by chickentender Quote
It's funny - the 43 was the last one I bought, and on a whim because an elderly Russian guy in my neighborhood put one up on Craigslist - nearly mint and cheap. I took it out a few times right after I bought but was usually favoring the other two. Over the past two years I've been slowly but surely favoring it every time if given the choice. It's arguably become my very favorite all-around lens ever simply for the combination of everything it offers.
Also, those shots are, as per usual, effin fantastic.
Thanks
TBH, it took me a long time to "figure out" the 43mm. It's actually (for me) a kinda odd focal length. For awhile it always seemed either not long enough, or not wide enough. It also seems like a lens that makes you have to work for what you want. When you get to know it though, it's an amazing lens.
07-16-2015, 08:16 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Thanks
TBH, it took me a long time to "figure out" the 43mm. It's actually (for me) a kinda odd focal length. For awhile it always seemed either not long enough, or not wide enough. It also seems like a lens that makes you have to work for what you want. When you get to know it though, it's an amazing lens.
My progression of thoughts exactly... It absolutely makes ME adapt, I think because it's a perfect compromise in many ways. Now I find myself using it so that I don't *have* to worry about what I'll bring out with me and whether or not I should switch lenses for a shot... it's wide enough that it never gives me the cramped feeling that a 50 can in tighter spaces... jusssst enough. Sure, the OOF rendering isn't quite what it's brothers can do (damn close), but it's impossibly sharp for its size/cost/weight.... And the *weight*...I can't believe how tiny it is. I just dig it more and more as time goes on.