Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-15-2008, 08:02 AM   #1
Forum Member

Where to process film

I still shoot film even though I have digital and I've seen that film processing has been less and less. All the places that have it scan their negatives and give me poor quality pictures if I shoot above ISO 100. The places that don't scan them don't have that good quality either. Are any of the mail in services any good? I've heard of that A & I lab, but I don't know if they're any good, and how expensive they are. And does anyone know a good place to process film in NJ?

06-15-2008, 08:13 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If you want good scans, you may want to consider purchasing a scanner and doing it yourself.

I went out and shot a roll of 35mm today, had it developed (no prints) at a mini-lab inside a local supermarket, and came home and scanned them in myself this evening. I shot a roll of medium format which will be sent off to a more professional lab which can handle that film size.
06-15-2008, 08:59 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Over the years, I have tried several different places for processing. I have had issues with all--except for one: Specialty Color Services, which is located in Santa Barbara, CA. They are clearly the best. I will be sending all of my film their way.

Specialty Color Services Home Page

Glen
06-15-2008, 11:36 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Since you are in NJ, there should be plenty of good places in NY or in Philly which are realitevely close
don;t cheapen out n the quality of the scans if you don't want to have to do them yourself again

06-29-2008, 08:27 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Look around in some drug stores . There is a good chance that you will see a Frontier machine behind the counter . The model number often are 270 , 340 . If they do then it's possible to get a good high quality scan from them . Just talk to the clerk . I did and that how I found out . Good luck .
06-29-2008, 08:57 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by zx-m Quote
Over the years, I have tried several different places for processing. I have had issues with all--except for one: Specialty Color Services, which is located in Santa Barbara, CA. They are clearly the best. I will be sending all of my film their way.

Specialty Color Services Home Page

Glen
Yep, this is the spot!