Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-13-2015, 06:22 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lenticular Quote
No worries Wombat2go - in fact I made a mistake, it's a series 1 70-210 f2.8, not a 200/2.8! Next year as you say, if I haven't sold it....I bought it 2nd hand in 1982 in England and it has been largely unused for about 10 years - still produces great images though.
If you didn't already know, there were a few variations of this lens but all of them are very good performers. See -> Robertstech on Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm Macro Zoom

I have a couple of versions of this lens as well as the Viv Series 1 28-90 and found them to be very good performers.

I see that these are well rated in the lens review section here as well.

08-13-2015, 10:04 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
If you didn't already know, there were a few variations of this lens but all of them are very good performers. See -> Robertstech on Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm Macro Zoom

I have a couple of versions of this lens as well as the Viv Series 1 28-90 and found them to be very good performers.

I see that these are well rated in the lens review section here as well.
Thanks LesDMess - yes, I researched mine a few years ago when I first became aware of the whole alt lens movement.

Happily I found mine was a Komine version which I believe is considered among the best.
08-14-2015, 03:21 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wombat2go Quote
Oh, I know Peninsula Camera.
I am fairly sure that is where I had my negs scanned to the Kodak pcd format in mid 1990's and I purchased the Kodak PhotoCD player there.

I bought a Ricoh K body at the big pawn shop nearby. Is that still there? It was more of a de-luxe pawn shop compared to the ones here!

Not sure about the pawn shop, i've only lived in Melb for about 5 years, prior to that I lived in the more rural areas in the middle of the state.

When I was at Peninsula last week I didn't see any pawn shops nearby, but then I also wasn't taking much notice.

I'm actually picking up some film from Peninsula this morning, so i'll keep my eyes open this time :P
08-19-2015, 07:34 PM   #19
Veteran Member

A fortnight through all that? Way too rushed. The Victoria/NSW border is attractive country with many opportunities for sunset/sunrise pics along nthe serpentine Murray River. Tasmania alone demands 3 weeks, at least for dedicated, serious landscape photographers prepared to wait out the usual foibles with the weather (which is part of Tassie's appeal). Take care with getting your film through Customs both outbound and inbound; it's getting more difficult to avoid xray of films now but not to say you won't get lucky.

08-19-2015, 08:03 PM - 2 Likes   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
There are several dedicated Taswegian Pentax-users on here, so please send us a broadcast when you arrive, if you'd like local advice or just a coffee. As you've been in Oz previously, I assume you understand the allusion.