Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-14-2015, 02:45 PM   #1

ESII battery check

I use four SR44 batteries in my ESII, all nominally 1.5V. However when testing with the battery check button the needle never go down in between the marks in the middle of the shutter speed scale in the finder. The needle usually stays a bit over where it supposed to be and in addition it really don't sit still but moves up and down a little bit. But - in use it exposure correctly with the correct shutter speed shown in the finder.
I was ready to send the ESII over the Atlantic to Eric H. but now I'm just fine with how it delivers. It's just the battery check that concerns me.
Anybody with any thoughts on this battery check issue?

08-14-2015, 03:31 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The batteries and meter may be fine but maybe the real problem is the battery check button itself. Perhaps there is a bad or intermittent contact that makes the needle bounce.
08-15-2015, 11:01 AM   #3

Original Poster
You are probably right, I hope. Thanks for answer.
08-15-2015, 11:10 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
If you do decide to send your ES II over to Eric then be sure to email him first. There was a time when he wasn't servicing any ES or Electro Spotmatic bodies due to a lack of parts. Maybe that has changed or maybe it hasn't.