Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-22-2008, 05:29 AM   #1

Bulk Film

Hei Guys,
Going on a trip in two weeks (including hopefully my first time seeing snow) and with two MZ60's to take figured I would keep one loaded with B/W and the other with colour.

The only problem is that there seems to be sod-all colour bulk film available, all I can find is Fuji Superia 400.

Is this any good, if not what do people recommend and does anyone know where in Australia stocks a better range.
Cheers
Paul

PS "sod-all" is aussie for very little

06-22-2008, 06:08 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ebay?

I tend to buy the 5x packs and/or 10x packs.

bazz.
06-22-2008, 06:33 AM   #3
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by smidsy Quote
PS "sod-all" is aussie for very little
"Sod-all" is more of a British term, but guess things move a little slower a few timezones back, eh ? I'd use "bugger-all."

I can check Photocontinental here for you, if you'd like. Their website, Photo Continental, has no film that I can find on it.

By bulk film, do you mean multipacks - "Pro Packs" or "Press Packs" sometimes - of five or a brick of ten, or do you mean 30m rolls? I've seen a coupla rolls of TMAX and HP5, but not much else.

Let's us know if you need me to go to Photocontinental, apparently used to be the biggest photo store in the southern hemisphere, but now it's at Mt. Gravatt, a place that's so bad that it was even taken out as an example of the word "hole" in the Macquarie Dictionary, in favour of Adelaide.
06-22-2008, 04:57 PM   #4

Original Poster
Hei Guys,
Yeah sod all is probably more of a pommie term, I'm Aussie by pommie parents so my language is bit of a mix LOL.

By bulk I mean the 100ft rolls as I have a dispenser, but I may even end up just buying a couple of 5 or 8 packs and save myself the hassle of dispensing - Lithos, I found the film on photocontinentals site, I'll go through it when I get home this arvo.

So what is a good 400ISO colour film - top level pro stuff is probably beyond my budget but I don't want crap either so probably something mid range.

Cheers
Paul