Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
01-14-2020, 07:57 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
Fortunately, I have a very good photographic archive and well structured keywording system*.

This is just a small version of the original full frame scan.

Pentax LX - SMCP-FA 31mm f/1.8 ASPH Limited - Kodak E100G - ISO 100 f/4 40s

* though to be honest, my success rate with lightning photography in the Film era was pretty low, so I didn't have a huge amount of material to sift through.
Quick like lightning. Thank ya, senor. From my early film days I think I've a grand total of two that are of any worth (and a fair collection of bright clouds to accompany it). Digital days certainly brought new life to *that* particular quest innit. Cheers - that shot is fantastic regardless.

01-15-2020, 03:37 PM   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Ha. Somewhere (and I really don’t know where), I have a photo of a laser show on the side of a mountain.

It was accidentally (and somehow perfectly) illuminated by a lightning bolt at just the right time.

The annoying thing is that it looks like a perfectly normal photo taken on an overcast day...

Lightning is annoying

-Eric
10-27-2022, 04:48 AM   #48
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
Fortunately, I have a very good photographic archive and well structured keywording system*.

This is just a small version of the original full frame scan.

Pentax LX - SMCP-FA 31mm f/1.8 ASPH Limited - Kodak E100G - ISO 100 f/4 40s
(photo taken in august 2005)

* though to be honest, my success rate with lightning photography in the Film era was pretty low, so I didn't have a huge amount of material to sift through.
Reviving again, this old thread. It’s very interesting a subject and I’m super curious what this lightning Photo you took looks like, Is there a new link to share perhaps?

I’m keen to try out the LX in some interesting night / light scenarios!

Thanks