Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-15-2015, 10:25 AM   #16
osv
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistlefoot Quote
I haven't shot film in probably 10-15 years.
so you posted to the film forum because of the film bodies? most of the potential purchasers will be people with digital cameras, because the lenses are the only thing that has any real value.

the glass and the bellows can all be used on mirrorless as well as pentax dslrs... sony, oly, samsung, etc.

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistlefoot Quote
None of the equipment is mine to hang on to.
thought you were looking at it as a potential purchase??

if you are trying to help the seller establish value, go to https://www.keh.com/quote and see what they'll pay for it, then extrapolate into canadian $$$

i can tell you that i've sent half a dozen film bodies to keh, and gotten zero $$$ for it... they always make some excuse about things not working right; so unless it's a nikon film body, i'm donating all 35mm film gear from now on, it's just too much of a hassle.

wait, maybe i'll start posting film stuff out here for free... anybody want a minolta srt201? ricoh kr-5? yashica fx-3? all or nothing, pickup in so cal, or you paypal the postage.

10-15-2015, 10:46 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by osv Quote
see what they'll pay for it, then extrapolate into canadian $$$
Or cut to the chase : vintagevisuals.com
10-16-2015, 07:38 AM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by excanonfd Quote
Oh sure you can. You can visually inspect lenses for fungus, lens separation, oil on the diaphragm and so on. Turn the focus ring to feel for the smoothness of the lens' operation. Turn the aperture ring to see if the diaphragm is opening and closing properly.

As for the camera body, fire off the shutter at all speeds and listen to see if the shutter speeds are accurate. Leave the film back open and fire off the shutter to see if the shutter curtain is working properly. Check inside the mirror box to see if the foam seals and bumpers are working properly or if they need replacing. If the camera has a meter, test the meter against another camera/meter.

People have been buying used cameras probably from the day after the camera was invented and it would be most unlikely that you'd have the chance to 'put the film through' any of them before you buy.
I'm afraid you have completely missed my point.