Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-07-2019, 01:46 AM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't think that is true. When I was searching for help with a Pentax, Google brought up a page that said PentaxForums.com I immediately clicked on that link and the rest is history so to speak. I've been a member for 10 years and a moderator for 6 of those years.

03-07-2019, 02:37 AM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

Perhaps we should cut the guy some slack. I've been a "Forum Warrior" since 1992, initially on Usenet text forums in the days before www and then web forums when they caught on. I'm a member of dozens of them on many different subjects. I know not to post to a old, dormant thread but there are people out there who don't live in the Internet and don't know the "etiquette".

I will say one thing though. Of all the forums I subscribe to, this is by far the most polite, civilised and easy going one. People seem respectful and there is no sign of the heavy handed and oppressive moderation that you see on some forums. Admittedly, I only frequent the bits of Pentaxforums concerned with analogue photography but I've no reason to doubt that all sections of this forum are just as pleasant.
03-07-2019, 03:31 AM   #18
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I thought it best that he start his own thread when he said he wasn't actually responding to the OP.

One more statement and I'm not saying anymore. I could have just moved his post to his own thread and never said a word about how it got there and gave it its own title, How to fix Pentax ME Super. And that would have been picked up on Google.

Last edited by photolady95; 03-07-2019 at 03:44 AM.
03-07-2019, 04:12 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
I thought it best that he start his own thread when he said he wasn't actually responding to the OP.
I agree with you 100%. He should have started a new thread but not everyone is as forum-savvy as we are

03-07-2019, 04:59 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
For me it's 50/50 whether a new thread is better than keeping the discussion in the old thread (a heads up that it's an old thread would have helped though).

Ideally we'd have a 'known problem & fixes' section somewhere (if we have and I've missed it, I apologise) where we could summarise the outcomes of this and similar issues (broken down either by camera/camera series or faults perhaps). It would help keep things in one place (but might take effort to achieve and update).
03-07-2019, 05:20 AM   #21
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Actually there is one:

Maintenance and Repair Articles - PentaxForums.com
03-07-2019, 07:13 PM   #22

Photos: Albums
Try searching "me super wind twice"
This is the kind of search most people do (Duck Duck Go BTW)
Bang second link.
"Need help with Pentax ME Super - PentaxForums.comNeed help with Pentax ME Super - PentaxForums.com

Need help with Pentax ME Super But now, I have to wind the film advancer 7, 8 or even 9 times before it actually takes the picture. I really want to take pictures with this beautiful looking camera, but I don't want to waste 7, 8 or 9 exposures, too
"

People dont search Pentax then go to a forum then search again for a problem. It just how the internet works any more.
If I were asking a new question I would start a new post. I was just adding to the pool of knowledge to give back and doing it in a way that would benefit the most people.
I only created an account so I could add the comment (The user name is a dead give away).
Cant believe I'm being drawn into this petty nonsense?