Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-09-2015, 10:14 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
ME Super Camera Case Question

Does the 2 piece leather ME Super camera case fit any other film bodies?

Tim

11-09-2015, 11:57 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It probably fits the ME, MG, MV, and MV 1, as they were all basically the same size and layout. It probably won't fit the MX, ME F, or any of the K series. It might fit the superA/superProgram or programA/programPLUS, but I wouldn't bet on it.
11-09-2015, 03:28 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
It might fit the superA/superProgram or programA/programPLUS, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Yep...the bodies are similar size and shape, the position of the tripod mount is the consideration.

Steve
11-09-2015, 03:57 PM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Yep...the bodies are similar size and shape, the position of the tripod mount is the consideration.

Steve
I think the tripod mount is in the same position, since the Super/A/Program/Plus could use the Winder ME II. My concerns were the wider+taller pentaprism housing and the grip, which would probably have to be removed. Even then, there is an alignment pin for the grip sticking out of the front of the camera (I think - the P5/50 definitely had the pin, and I remember installing a Super/A/Program/Plus grip on my P5.)

It depends on how snug the leather case fits.

11-09-2015, 04:35 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by atupdate Quote
Does the 2 piece leather ME Super camera case fit any other film bodies?

Tim
Each M Series body had its own EverReady case. My guess is a ME Super case probably will only fit the older ME, however the older ME also had its own dedicated case.

The biggest issue you will have it telling the cases apart, sometimes it's only possible if they are boxed or came with a kit from the original owner.

Phil.
11-10-2015, 04:22 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
It depends on how snug the leather case fits.
It is a pretty snug fit on the ME Super.

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
The biggest issue you will have it telling the cases apart, sometimes it's only possible if they are boxed or came with a kit from the original owner.
I am the original owner. I'm trying to find out if the case has any value, as the ME Super itself has very little.

Tim
11-21-2015, 12:20 PM   #7
Pentaxian

I did use the case I once had bought for the ME Super also for my Super A.
But there I had to detach the optional grip of the body.

I had also some bigger upper parts to cover tele and smaller zoom lenses, also without problems for both bodies.
However, these would not fit for thicker lenses than these offered by Pentax (I think with my Tokina AT-X 2.8/35-70) no front part would work).