Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-25-2008, 06:40 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Anybody Else Notice This

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

5 Pentax Cameras w/Lenses, vintage models SV,H2,S1, - eBay (item 130232096869 end time Jun-25-08 18:30:20 PDT)
Two SV's, one H2, one S1 and an AP from someone in San Francisco that services Nikons.

CW

06-26-2008, 03:39 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Damn, it went cheap too
06-26-2008, 04:11 AM   #3
Banned

someone got a damn good deal. anyone of those could go for that price on ebay but to get all for that price is sweet.
06-26-2008, 05:49 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I looked at the bid pattern of whoever it was that won and they bid on about 30 things, all photographic in nature. It's either somebody who collects and has the shekels to spare or a dealer. For the price it went for, I hope it wasn't a dealer but it probably was. I'll bet you'll see those back on ebay split up, bodies and lenses all sold separately.

CW

06-26-2008, 06:39 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I will forever be grateful to the amateur camera repairman here in Japan who took it upon himself to refurbish some SVs and auction them off to good homes. Thanks to him I got one that had undergone a CLA and shutter curtain replacement, together with a Super Takumar 55/1.8....for the paltry sum of about $40.

The SV is a wonderful camera to take out and do Sunny 16 photography with. Having the "T" mode as well as the "B" mode on the shutter dial, it is also great for time exposures. I was able to use mine for cave photography recently despite having left my shutter release cable at work in my truck, thanks to the presence of the "T" mode.

Wonder why they quit including that on cameras?
06-26-2008, 07:10 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Mike, the SV, as I said elsewhere, was my first Pentax in 1970. Loved that camera and it had the working clip on exposure meter with it. But, alas I sold it to a shipmate on the JFK so I could buy my SP II at the Air Force Exchange in Athens, Greece in 1972. My S1a, H1a and H3v all have the T function but I've never had occasion to use it yet although living under the approach for Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson airport, I may try a time exposure of aircraft flying over at night.

QuoteQuote:
Wonder why they quit including that on cameras?
Probably the same reason they quit doing a lot of things. Cost versus reward. It wasn't a feature many people would use so dropping would hardly, if at all, affect sales.

CW

Last edited by straightshooter; 06-26-2008 at 08:43 AM. Reason: spelling