Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-18-2015, 04:09 PM   #1

K1000 frame counter stuck

I recently bought a Pentax K1000 (i'm a beginner photographer so if i'm saying anything wrong please correct me) on eBay. and i happen to notice that no mater how many times i advance the film, the frame count never changes and is stuck at 0. is there any one out there who can recommend a solution to my problem, thank you to anyone who replies!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPod touch  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPod touch  Photo 
11-18-2015, 04:15 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pardon me if I'm asking the obvious but is there a film properly loaded in the camera?
If the film is not present or incorrectly loaded for some reason the counter will not advance.
11-18-2015, 04:35 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kiwi_jono Quote
Pardon me if I'm asking the obvious but is there a film properly loaded in the camera?
If the film is not present or incorrectly loaded for some reason the counter will not advance.
I loaded film, the rewind knob does rotate and all, but the frame count does not move. I advanced the film tell there was no more shots left, still nothing

---------- Post added 11-18-15 at 05:37 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Robert Rodriguez Quote
I loaded film, the rewind knob does rotate and all, but the frame count does not move. I advanced the film tell there was no more shots left, still nothing
even If the frame count doesn't move, does the camera still take pictures? sorry if thats a dumb question, just curios
11-19-2015, 12:02 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The counter should move even if there is no film in the camera. If the counter is broken it has no effect on the rest of the camera. There are three tiny screws that hold the counter cap on. Sometimes the counter doesn't move because the cap has had impact and it presses against the dial. If you have a 1.2 mm straight blade screw driver loosen the screws and see if the counter moves. If it does, you just need to re-tighten the screws after aligning the indicator dot. If the dial does move the most sure way to get the alignment correct is open the back, fire the shutter, close the back and fire off two shots. You align the dot with the "0" on the dial and tighten the screws back up.

11-19-2015, 03:00 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Try

Pentax K 1000 instruction manual, user manual, PDF manual, free manuals
11-19-2015, 04:19 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxus Quote
The counter should move even if there is no film in the camera. If the counter is broken it has no effect on the rest of the camera. There are three tiny screws that hold the counter cap on. Sometimes the counter doesn't move because the cap has had impact and it presses against the dial. If you have a 1.2 mm straight blade screw driver loosen the screws and see if the counter moves. If it does, you just need to re-tighten the screws after aligning the indicator dot. If the dial does move the most sure way to get the alignment correct is open the back, fire the shutter, close the back and fire off two shots. You align the dot with the "0" on the dial and tighten the screws back up.
Thank you for your help!, i will do my best to try and fix it today.
09-24-2021, 02:56 PM   #7

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. Have you resolved it?

03-31-2022, 11:56 AM   #8

I took off the cover and moved the wheel counter around a bit, it has worked every since I discovered it a minute ago.
03-31-2022, 10:57 PM   #9

Thank you for the response! Turns out the previous owner of mine twisted off the clockwise screw and then broke the counter mechanism.