Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2016, 04:35 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by grhazelton Quote
As a LX junkie,( I have three,) I'd much prefer the titanium LX over the gold. Tastefully understated, appealing to the cognoscenti, not the vulgar blingsters. ANY LX, is perhaps the most desireable manual focus SLR of any maker.

Were they made of real titanium or were they just Ti "look"?

01-13-2016, 05:40 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
Were they made of real titanium or were they just Ti "look"?
According to Bojidar Dimitrov on Pentax LX
QuoteQuote:
The titanium LX is a special edition body celebrating the 75th anniversary of Asahi Opt. Co. Only one thousand of these bodies were manufactured. Each one features titanium top and bottom plates. The LX limited is a special edition body celebrating 15 years of LX production. The body features a titanium top and bottom plates which are painted in black, and carries the inscription "titanium".
01-13-2016, 05:53 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Mmm, not that I don't trust the guy but I would like to have a confirmation from somebody who actually owns one of these, I was thinking about getting a Nikon FM2T but perhaps if I'm getting sort of rich I might consider one of these.
01-13-2016, 06:18 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Other Titanium LX references:LX Titan (1994) & LX Limited (1996) and LX Titan & LX Limited
Looks like these were made not for sale outside of Japan and very limited.

Last edited by LesDMess; 01-13-2016 at 06:28 AM.