Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-05-2015, 03:06 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
We're here to help. Oh, wait, there is an awesome deal on a working rangefinder on e-bay right now! Only 5 minutes remaining....
Damn, tell me now ... tell me now !!!

12-05-2015, 03:17 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Alex645 Quote
You have too many cameras if:
a) You have at least one that is never used but is in perfect working condition.
b) You can't name them all off the top of your head.
c) You can't afford the batteries or the cost of electricity to recharge them all.
d) There is no place to put them and they're on your bed now.
e) You are not a collector.

You don't have too many cameras if:
a) You are a collector.
b) They all are used at least once a year.
c) Each camera has a distinct quality that enables you to get a certain kind of image.
d) You have at least one friend or associate that has more cameras than you.
e) You are a hoarder.
f) You fix and repair cameras for which parts are no longer available.
g) You have a multiple personality-identity disorder and you have one camera for each of your identities.

I'm sure I missed a bunch of conditions. Feel free to add.
You mean I can clear all my check-marks from the first list if I'm a collector? How do I get designated a collector?
12-05-2015, 03:20 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter

It starts by having one mint and one shooting/field copy of every Pentax camera and lens ever made. I suspect it ends in poverty and madness.
12-05-2015, 04:05 PM   #19
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hahahahaha... I started this thread then began a bunch of laptop disk clone and data backups moving to a new(er) one. Shoulda known this'd take off!

I have 21 cameras total, though to be fair, one is actively for sale. I probably could have, but with considerable difficulty, named them all by memory (maybe) - so instead I started a list a couple weeks ago. (below)
The only redundant copy is the Pentax MX, which is sortof on the shortlist to be let go (the chromie), but then again, it's in the top 3 of camera-i'd-keep-if-i-could-keep-just-one, so I suppose it's not entirely unreasonable (and it was near the beginning of this... umm "growth"). I had three MXs for a short while but only because I bought a 3rd for a lens included and the matte focus screen, then sold it a month or two later.

In any case - it just keeps growing - but I need to do some pruning in the coming weeks. I think this would be a good new year's sort of operation; I don't normally go for those, but this may be an exception. Lens count, I'm pretty good - all that I have I use except for one and it's going to be sold when I get around to posting it.

1. Pentax LX
2. Pentax MX (black)
3. Pentax MX (silver)
4. Pentax MZ-3
5. Pentax MZ-S
6. Pentax 645Nii
7. Pentax 67
8. Pentax K-3 (digital)
9. Ricoh GR (digital)
10. Ricoh Gr1s
11. Voigtlander Bessa R3m
12. Beloma Agat 18k
13. Pentacon Six TL
14. Zorki 4
15. Zorki 4k
16. Kiev 4m
17. Fed 2E
18. Zeiss-Ikon Nettar 515/2
19. Franka Rolfix II (Trinar)
20. Franka Solida III (Radionar, RF model)
21. Franka Solida III (Radionar, *for sale*)

12-05-2015, 04:19 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter

I am a chronic bridge-burner and have sold photo equipment that sat unused for months and I thought would never be used again, only to discover I really wish I had that item now. Have even sold an item only to find a few months later that I really missed it and purchased an identical replacement. Probably the worst let-it-go-for-what-I-cannot-replace-it-for-now was a 500 f4p Nikkor with 2X Nikon telextender that made about as good a 1000 f8 as could or can be had. There was also a 24mm Canon TSS that had excellent IQ, better than my current Samyang TSS, although the latter may look better operating on FF.
12-05-2015, 04:55 PM - 2 Likes   #21
Pentaxian

The correct numberof cameras you should have is always N+1, where N = the number you currently have
12-05-2015, 05:21 PM   #22
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by AquaDome Quote
You mean I can clear all my check-marks from the first list if I'm a collector? How do I get designated a collector?
Actually you can be a collector with just one camera. Half the people that buy cameras are in this category. Of course no one in this forum
12-05-2015, 06:57 PM   #23
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
The correct numberof cameras you should have is always N+1, where N = the number you currently have
"Colton Allen Photography: Pushing Cameras to the Maximum, One at a Time"

that said, my lady Bonnie thinks that's some fuzzy math equation and would like to check the work.

12-05-2015, 07:06 PM - 1 Like   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by chickentender Quote
"Colton Allen Photography: Pushing Cameras to the Maximum, One at a Time"

that said, my lady Bonnie thinks that's some fuzzy math equation and would like to check the work.
I learned that equation from a friend who has 12 bicycles

I think I have like 50 cameras. I'm loosing track.
12-05-2015, 07:29 PM   #25
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote

I think I have like 50 cameras. I'm loosing track.
A photographer's dozen!
12-05-2015, 07:32 PM   #26
Site Supporter

Let me see A K1000,P30t, ZX7, ZXL, *istDL,K200, K30. On the Nikon side there is AN FE,FM2,D70,D200. All have been used this year. Nope I can still name them so it is safe to continue purchasing more. The ZX7 one of my favorites died this year so it justs sits there looking pretty now.
12-05-2015, 07:45 PM   #27
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
We're here to help. Oh, wait, there is an awesome deal on a working rangefinder on e-bay right now! Only 5 minutes remaining....
Did you win it?

Steve
12-05-2015, 07:47 PM - 2 Likes   #28
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by AquaDome Quote
How do I get designated a collector?
Send me $50 USD and a full list of your cameras and lenses for our registry and I will send you a certificate.

Steve
12-05-2015, 07:56 PM   #29
Site Supporter

Original Poster
12-06-2015, 02:19 AM   #30
Site Supporter

You have too many cameras if:
a) You have at least one that is never used but is in perfect working condition.
c) You can't afford the batteries or the cost of electricity to recharge them all.
d) There is no place to put them and they're on your bed now.
e) You are not a collector.

You don't have too many cameras if:
a) You are a collector.
b) They all are used at least once a year.
c) Each camera has a distinct quality that enables you to get a certain kind of image.
d) You have at least one friend or associate that has more cameras than you.
e) You are a hoarder.
f) You fix and repair cameras for which parts are no longer available.
g) You have a multiple personality-identity disorder and you have one camera for each of your identities.

I'm sure I missed a bunch of conditions. Feel free to add.
h) You have too many cameras if your index finger is frozen in position of : The dreaded "Trigger Finger."
I) You have too many cameras if after you have finished a double gin & tonic, you are looking at the bottom of the glass with your left eye closed.
j) You definitely have too many cameras when you don't remember the difference between Horivertical and Verizontal.
k) You know you have too many cameras when you go to your optometrist and he cannot remove the eye piece protector from not one eye, but both eyes.

Geez, sometimes I crack myself up. Better quit while I'm behind.

Cheers,

Tonytee I'll Be Back.