Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2015, 05:53 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
How do I change the skin on Pentax ME Super?

Hi! I'll start off by saying my old ME Super fell off a table and broke, and I got a new one from Ebay, and the only problem with it is the fake leather (or whatever it is) is falling off. The reason I got it is because it was a steal of a deal at $35 (good deal to me at least) with free shipping. I checked out cameraleather.com, but all of the links that they have are down- it says 404 Not Found on every single link I click on. And someone else got scammed on there, sooooo... yeah. I checked out Aki-Asahi.com, and the most similar camera to the ME Super I could find was the K1000. Is there any chance that the K1000 skin could be the same layout/ cutout of the ME Super? And I'm not good with tracing around stuff, so I can't really do it myself. Any help is helpful

12-16-2015, 06:50 PM - 1 Like   #2
Marketplace Reseller

Photos: Gallery | Albums
https://www.etsy.com/listing/257817609/pentax-me-super-replacement-leatherette

---------- Post added 12-16-15 at 06:51 PM ----------

If you want something closer to the original:
Cameraleather.com supported cameras
12-16-2015, 06:53 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

The K1000 is a substantially bigger camera of a somewhat different shape. I doubt you could swap skins. Can you not strip the leatherette from the busted ME Super? Or is that gone now?
12-17-2015, 12:29 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
https://www.etsy.com/listing/257817609/pentax-me-super-replacement-leatherette

---------- Post added 12-16-15 at 06:51 PM ----------

If you want something closer to the original:
Cameraleather.com supported cameras
Thanks for the link!
Nothing ruins plastic and leatherette like hands coated in DEET mosquito repellent. (I only use Picaridin for skeeters.) All the Goo Gone and Armor All in the world will not totally restore it after the DEET destroys the material at a molecular level. I've also never been able to cannibalize another skin as it gets deformed upon removal.

For the price, this link looks like a great solution. Hope they stay in business. Have you purchased from them?

12-17-2015, 05:47 AM   #5
Marketplace Reseller

I bought from cameraleathers.com to restore an old Yashicamat and was quite pleased with the quality. They have been around a while.

I haven't bought from the etsy guy, but his feedback looks good, and the price is right.
12-17-2015, 06:41 PM   #6

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
The K1000 is a substantially bigger camera of a somewhat different shape. I doubt you could swap skins. Can you not strip the leatherette from the busted ME Super? Or is that gone now?
Well, the leatherette on the ME Super is basically rotted away and ugly.