Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-19-2015, 06:20 AM   #1

Problem with my Pentax*ist

I've been using it for years and never had a single problem, but now the shutter stopped working. I just replaced the batteries and all the other functions work great, but when I click to make a picture, nothing happens.. Is there a way to reset all the functions or what else can I try?

12-19-2015, 03:18 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
TBH it sounds like the shutter has failed. To try resetting the camera, go into the menu and look for something about reset.

I am sure another member that knows the *ist series better then I do will point you in a better direction in the menu.

If the shutter has failed, the cost of repair, if it is even possible, wouldn't be worth it because you can buy a newer camera used for the same amount.
01-01-2016, 03:09 PM   #3

Yeah,around $50 is the market value for a used *ist, not worth repairing. Takes patience to find someone on eBay who isn't trying to charge way over market, but those sellers never sell.
09-26-2016, 01:01 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Is there an update on what happened? I have an *ist that has the same problem.