Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-01-2016, 11:36 PM   #1

CLA by Kanto Camera Service?

Has anyone here had their beloved film Pentax CLA'd or repaired by Kanto Camera Service in Tokyo? If so, I would love to hear your experience.

About Camera Repair

01-01-2016, 11:54 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter

Nope not I. Most of us use Eric in North America or for Europe the guys in Harrow Technical.

Phil.
01-02-2016, 12:19 AM - 1 Like   #3

Original Poster
Yeah I've read many people send them to Eric. I'm in Oceania so Japan isn't too far away. Kanto is an official service partner of Leica with trained Leica technicians on-site. They even fabricate their own parts when required.

But that comes at a price. I've seen a receipt for a CLA of an MX which cost around 35,000...

Here's an interesting review of the store: Kanto Camera - My new favourite store - Japan Camera Hunter
01-02-2016, 09:20 AM   #4
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RR84 Quote
Yeah I've read many people send them to Eric. I'm in Oceania so Japan isn't too far away. Kanto is an official service partner of Leica with trained Leica technicians on-site. They even fabricate their own parts when required.

But that comes at a price. I've seen a receipt for a CLA of an MX which cost around 35,000...

Here's an interesting review of the store: Kanto Camera - My new favourite store - Japan Camera Hunter
Kanto sounds like an interesting place and no doubt they are capable of fixing Pentax film bodies. Good to know as an alternative, they are much closer to me than the guys in the UK.

Thanks for the link!

Phil.

01-02-2016, 10:06 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RR84 Quote

It sounds like the place of last resort - when small centres have failed, when even Eric has failed (perish the thought!), and the camera has heirloom or sentimental value beyond price...
01-02-2016, 08:32 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
and the camera has heirloom or sentimental value beyond price...
Yes I was thinking the same thing. Kind of a 'no expenses spared' approach to camera repairs. Would love to try them out one day if have the budget. Maybe they can rebuild my 8 element Super Tak 50/1.4..