Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-07-2016, 07:29 PM   #136
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
It depends on the camera.
I agree the Pentax MX puts the meter too "in your face"; for me it interferes in composition.
That and the stiff shutter-speed dial are the only things that keep the MX from being "perfection" for me personally. But I forgive.

04-12-2016, 07:16 AM   #137
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RR84 Quote
Somehow I doubt it would be well received. They're a sensitive bunch.
Yes, sometimes that high sensitivity produces a lot of noise too!
04-12-2016, 09:09 AM   #138
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by From1980 Quote
Yes, sometimes that high sensitivity produces a lot of noise too!

ROFL

Steve
04-12-2016, 10:18 AM   #139
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Xmas Quote
Ok maybe but then a query of how many of them are using eg Auto Takumars (on adapters) for the single coated signature, pastel colours or adaptive compression.

Cause I do that on E6, C41 and mono, a lot of the time...

Are we disinterested in what they do?

Normally people giggle at my film cameras...
So how many of us (film types) use single coated lenses regularly?
I've only used SC lenses this month.

04-12-2016, 08:31 PM   #140
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Xmas Quote
So how many of us (film types) use single coated lenses regularly?
I've only used SC lenses this month.
I often use the Nikkor series E 50mm, which has some single coated elements.

On pentax SMC takumars and BBAR tamrons are my usual lenses, but the Super-Tak 55 is single coated and very good.

So I guess both of my 'normal' lenses on film are single coated. That said, if I'm going out specifically to shoot (as opposed to just having my camera with me) I usually choose a 35/105mm combo instead.

For a while I was also VERY fond of a Ricoh 55 1.4, single coated, naturally, that was a very good lens. With the demise of my interest in M42, however, it's in line to be sold.
04-13-2016, 10:25 AM   #141
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PGillin Quote
I often use the Nikkor series E 50mm, which has some single coated elements.

On pentax SMC takumars and BBAR tamrons are my usual lenses, but the Super-Tak 55 is single coated and very good.

So I guess both of my 'normal' lenses on film are single coated. That said, if I'm going out specifically to shoot (as opposed to just having my camera with me) I usually choose a 35/105mm combo instead.

For a while I was also VERY fond of a Ricoh 55 1.4, single coated, naturally, that was a very good lens. With the demise of my interest in M42, however, it's in line to be sold.
I use an auto takumar 55/2 on a SP, for sunny days, the rest of the Pentax lenses are SMC just started Pentax again after selling my S1a in '76, don't see many single coated lenses any more.