Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2016, 04:18 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Pentax P5 film film advance jammed

Earlier today I tried to advance the film lever and it won't budge. I don't want to push it too hard because I'm afraid i will break it. I've looked all over the internet and couldn't find anything about this problem. Any ideas on how I could fix it?
-Thanks

02-08-2016, 05:37 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

I don't own a P5, but I can anticipate a few questions more knowledgeable members might ask you, so here they are:
  • Do a battery check by turning the main switch on and doing a half press of the shutter button. The top LCD should display and the shutter speed LED should light in the viewfinder. If the viewfinder LEDs do not light or are blinking, the batteries should be replaced.
  • Are you confident the film is not already wound? If the film is not wound, there is a right-facing arrow at bottom right on the top LCD.
  • Is the any chance there is film in the camera and you are at the end of the roll?
If the batteries are good and the top LCD indicates the shutter is not cocked (film not wound) and there is no film in the camera and you can't wind on...you've got a jam somewhere.

Steve
02-08-2016, 05:47 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I put in new batteries and I don't have any film in the camera. I tried it with and without film.
02-08-2016, 10:08 PM   #4
Veteran Member

This happened to my P3. The lever may have spun on it's mount.
If you remove the outer plastic cover of the lever, you will gain access to the screw that attaches the lever to the winding gear. Loosen it and see if the winding gear spins to it's resting spot to allow the shutter to fire.

02-09-2016, 06:54 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by manacho2005 Quote
This happened to my P3. The lever may have spun on it's mount.
If you remove the outer plastic cover of the lever, you will gain access to the screw that attaches the lever to the winding gear. Loosen it and see if the winding gear spins to it's resting spot to allow the shutter to fire.
I tried that and i got it to move but it wont wind. It seems like a shutter problem.
02-09-2016, 09:14 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nelson_Rios Quote
I tried that and i got it to move but it wont wind. It seems like a shutter problem.
Shame, unfortunately you're better off finding another body cheap than having it repaired.