Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2008, 07:01 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Super Program - delayed shutter release

For some reason i cant take picture without there being a delay... i have the self timer switch turned off, but when i push the shutter release there a little click, and then after about ten seconds i have to click it again for it to release and take a photo :ugh:... ive checked the manual but found nothing.... the lens that im currently using is a SMC Pentax - M 1:2 50mm.

NOTE: when i take the lens off it works normally. as soon as i put the lens on it starts to act up.....

07-06-2008, 09:29 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Does it act up with just that one lens?
07-06-2008, 12:04 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Does it act up with just that one lens?
well i just tried it with another lens and same result. so i guess with any lens. when i hit the shutter release it seems like something is stopping it from releasing, as soon as i press the lens latch to remove the lens it releases and takes a picture....
07-09-2008, 08:49 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
shutter only works without lens

yeah still having the same problem. I usually dont bump my own thread, sorry if thats not allowed. tried different lenses and it still wont shoot.

Another thing that might help, i had just bought the camera i day before this started happening, and at first, before i tried changing lenses, it was working fine, and i dont know if this is normal but at first, when i would change the aperture settings and look through the view finder, my view would get lighter or darker depending on which way i turned it. (never seen that before but i figured it was some kind of helpful technology that my k1000 was lacking) then when i changed the lens to my Quantaray 70-300mm f4-5.6, thats when things started acting up. I dont really know what im supposed to look for. but i compared the body to my k1000 and nothing looked out of place. :/

07-09-2008, 09:02 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Sounds like there's something jammed or bent in the mount mechanism of the camera. Probably something with the aperture mechanism - what you describe is due to the camera essentially being in stop down mode the whole time.

I just posted a link to the manual in another thread... over in lenses, Pentax Super Program Manual

Look for the DOF preview lever (p.50) and see if it moves - try first without lens and look to see what moves inside the mount. This lever may be jammed and this COULD cause all your trouble. Try this in the different exposure modes too - the manual says DOF preview won't work in program or Tv. Try with a lens on but in manual or Av mode, and see if the switch moves.

Oh, and since you have a working K1000, look at how the aperture lever on it moves, your other camera should be similar.

If that doesn't solve it, can you return the camera? It will need repair.