Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-19-2016, 05:16 AM   #1
Forum Member

Camera Service in Japan?

I'll be visiting Japan next month, Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, and wonder if anyone had experience or leads on getting cameras serviced there. What would the approximate cost and turnaround time be for those who know?

I'll be there 2 weeks and bringing my LX if I find a good source is found but may also look to pick up a MX or Olympus XA if possible.

I was only able to dig up this but it's pretty dated.

03-19-2016, 06:55 AM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by Asudef Quote
I'll be visiting Japan next month, Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, and wonder if anyone had experience or leads on getting cameras serviced there. What would the approximate cost and turnaround time be for those who know?

I'll be there 2 weeks and bringing my LX if I find a good source is found but may also look to pick up a MX or Olympus XA if possible.

I was only able to dig up this but it's pretty dated.
Kanto Camera Service is without a doubt the best in Japan. You'll need a fat wallet and at least a month for an overhaul but it'll be worth it.
03-20-2016, 06:02 PM   #3
dmc
Forum Member

Also check with JCH (Japan Camera Hunter) via the web before you go for insight and advice.