Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-23-2016, 12:51 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
That's me with my Instamatic 300.
That is one fancy Instamatic. Is there a story?

Steve

03-23-2016, 01:34 PM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
That is one fancy Instamatic. Is there a story?

Steve
My parents were the original Yuppies. Both MD's. In the US to do dissertation work, to be European style Docktors. Mom worked on some Nobel winning research... so they bought the best.

The Instamatic was 'my' camera but used by the grown ups... till mom brought dad the Nikkormat FS in Tokyo. And herself the Canon Demi 17 half frame job for her travels (twice around the globe collecting blood)...

If you're into hi-fi (I think I remember you are), mom bought a mono hifi set from an enthusiast friend who was changing enthusiasms... and I learned to hear it from before I was born. Thorens transcription TT, Quad electronics (tube mono, tuner, preamp and amp), and a Tannoy concentric in a sand filled reflex cabinet. And get this: she was into trick wire way back then, the late 50s rage was to use 300 ohm antenna wire for speaker wire.

Yuppies.