Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-17-2016, 06:42 PM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Xmas Quote
If it does not show on the negative do I mind missing covering, it is not like a light leak from missing foam light seal, which might annoy?

Ever drop a camera and have it break? I did. Good body covering makes any camera easier to grip.
I wouldn't replace intact body covering. If damaged I might, and would choose something non-slip.

Chris

05-17-2016, 07:21 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I have had good luck with Aki-Asahi in Japan
+ 1 Excellent light seal kits as well.

Phil.
05-17-2016, 09:51 PM   #33
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
I wouldn't replace intact body covering. If damaged I might, and would choose something non-slip.
The covering on my Zorki 4K is in excellent condition, but it is a fairly low-grip, course weave nylon fabric. Since it has no strap lugs, I have been concerned about loosing grip. I initially wanted GripTac, but could not get confirmation from Cameraleather whether they could make me a kit. I hope the cowhide is adequate.

Steve
05-18-2016, 04:42 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Ever drop a camera and have it break? I did. Good body covering makes any camera easier to grip.

Chris
I always use a wrist strap, but a big bit of missing covering does not make any more slippery?

05-18-2016, 05:26 PM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Xmas Quote
I always use a wrist strap, but a big bit of missing covering does not make any more slippery?

Me too, but in the rush to get the shot that time I didn't, and I paid the price.
Perhaps a grippier covering on that camera would have made a difference.

Never owned a camera with missing chunks of covering; I am too poor for Leica vulcanite.
I have had a camera or two whose covering began to peel up at the edges and became worn.

Some people like spiffy looking cameras, some prefer well-worn looking ones.
I side with the former. If you are closer to the latter send me your black bodies
and I'll give them some very professional looking brassing you're bound to love.

Chris
05-18-2016, 05:59 PM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I recovered one of my SLR's last year using cameraleather.com . Extremely happy with their product. Now I need to recover a winder I just purchased for it so that they match. photos of it here
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/76-non-pentax-cameras-canon-nikon-etc/269...ld-happen.html
05-20-2016, 02:05 AM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
The covering on my Zorki 4K is in excellent condition, but it is a fairly low-grip, course weave nylon fabric. Since it has no strap lugs, I have been concerned about loosing grip. I initially wanted GripTac, but could not get confirmation from Cameraleather whether they could make me a kit. I hope the cowhide is adequate.

Steve
Wrist strap with tripod screw termination?

05-20-2016, 08:18 AM   #38
Veteran Member

Me too, but in the rush to get the shot that time I didn't, and I paid the price.
Perhaps a grippier covering on that camera would have made a difference.

Never owned a camera with missing chunks of covering; I am too poor for Leica vulcanite.
I have had a camera or two whose covering began to peel up at the edges and became worn.

Some people like spiffy looking cameras, some prefer well-worn looking ones.
I side with the former. If you are closer to the latter send me your black bodies
and I'll give them some very professional looking brassing you're bound to love.

Chris
Hi Chris

Bad bad
I've got Kievs as well as Leicas with bits missing.
Had a BP M2 got it half the price of a silver chrome cause it had been a hack camera in a art college and hit with a hammer.
Sold it for 3x the price of a silver chrome forty years later.
There was no premium for black paint when you could get one new.
If you are fussy you can patch the vulcanite.
Never bothered.