Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-11-2008, 03:38 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Mine is sitting right here on my computer desk with a 50/1.7 mounted. And I just picked up a roll of Acros b/w film that I am scanning in this evening.

07-11-2008, 02:47 PM   #17

The ME was the first Pentax I owned and is the reason I still have a Pentax. Bought it in '79 or '80. Came with the 50mm f1.4. Got some great pics with it. It died about 12-13 years later, wouldn't maintain battery charge. Camera shop told me the electrical circuit was bad and couldn't be fixed. Was without a camera for a couple of years then bought a ZX-M. It never matched the ME. Got a used Program Plus shortly after that, then a K20D this year. Got the ME to thank for it, and still have it in the drawer even though it doesn't work.
Arvin
07-13-2008, 07:02 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I have got into the habbit of taking mine everywhere I go now.
I have it hooked to an M50 f/1.4 and love it...
07-13-2008, 08:12 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Dead ME can be brought back to life!!

QuoteOriginally posted by acbees Quote
The ME was the first Pentax I owned and is the reason I still have a Pentax. Bought it in '79 or '80. Came with the 50mm f1.4. Got some great pics with it. It died about 12-13 years later, wouldn't maintain battery charge. Camera shop told me the electrical circuit was bad and couldn't be fixed. Was without a camera for a couple of years then bought a ZX-M. It never matched the ME. Got a used Program Plus shortly after that, then a K20D this year. Got the ME to thank for it, and still have it in the drawer even though it doesn't work.
Arvin
Send it to Eric - he will fix it for sure - he just did mine!! He also replaced the meter-coupling circuit and some other electronic stuff on my MESuper.

Home Pentax Camera Service

07-13-2008, 08:40 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Still have the super ME, my first SLR. Unfortunately, the film advance lever is broken - a common problem of the model I found out :-(
07-13-2008, 09:03 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by song_hm Quote
Still have the super ME, my first SLR. Unfortunately, the film advance lever is broken - a common problem of the model I found out :-(
I bought a Lens that came with an extra ME Super for parts. I will see if it has the lever. If it does, I will happy to send it to you.
07-14-2008, 06:26 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter

Woops!! I found a second one.
I have a chrome one and a black one.

07-14-2008, 07:41 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Great response guys!

I never thought this thread would take off!
I always wanted a silver ME, but hey silver or black same great bit of kit!
07-14-2008, 11:29 AM   #24
Veteran Member

I have an ME Super + 1.7 55mm, Petri 28mm, Vivitar 125mm and a Agfa flash.
Still works fine. It's just not digital....

- Bert
07-14-2008, 05:02 PM   #25

One ME bought two-three years ago at a real camera shop after they CLA'd it etc. Three ME Supers (all from Ebay), two of which work well, one gives erratic exposures and is destined to become parts for the others. My first Pentax was a ZX-L. Liked it so much, I bought another two months later.
07-14-2008, 06:16 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
I bought a Lens that came with an extra ME Super for parts. I will see if it has the lever. If it does, I will happy to send it to you.
Actually I gloss over the description, the accurate description is a sheared off winding tab.
07-14-2008, 06:29 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by song_hm Quote
Actually I gloss over the description, the accurate description is a sheared off winding tab.
I did check that whole mechanism on the body I have and it appears good. If you want it, PM me a place to ship it.
07-14-2008, 10:01 PM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My ME is on permanent loan to my daughter in law, along with my M 28/3.5. Please note that she did not get the loan before I got the K10D and 16-50!
07-17-2008, 12:30 AM   #29

ME-Super (Silver) was my first SLR camera. Bought it around 1998. A coworker sold it to me along with a 50mm F2.0 and a telezoom (a generic one so it didn't last long).

The camera still works perfectly although I haven't use it very much. As soon as I got it I sent it to a repair shop for cleaning and to have the "thirds rule" "embeded" (spelling?) into the prism, so when looking thru the viewfinder you can see the lines that make up the "thirds". It's a great help for composition...it looks cool also.

Great camera to have!!