Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-04-2016, 09:13 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Panorama format option with the MZ-3

I recently purchased a Pentax MZ-3 and realized there is a function to take picture in panorama format. First time I see this, is it particular to this model or other have the same function? Anybody tried it before?

05-04-2016, 09:40 AM   #2
Forum Member

My Pentax MZ-5n has the same function.
I have used it when I was shooting film.
05-10-2016, 11:22 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GPZ Quote
I recently purchased a Pentax MZ-3 and realized there is a function to take picture in panorama format. First time I see this, is it particular to this model or other have the same function? Anybody tried it before?
Yup - those two cameras are very similar if nearly identical.

Here are a couple pano shots from my MZ-3 - it's essentially just a framed crop of the 35mm frame in-camera. It doesn't span across another frame in case you were wondering. Still, it's fun to use now and then, though I don't all too often.

05-11-2016, 09:21 AM - 1 Like   #4
GPZ
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by chickentender Quote
Yup - those two cameras are very similar if nearly identical.

Here are a couple pano shots from my MZ-3 - it's essentially just a framed crop of the 35mm frame in-camera. It doesn't span across another frame in case you were wondering. Still, it's fun to use now and then, though I don't all too often.

Thanks for the pictures. I put a roll of Ektar and tried some pano shots. We'll see how it will look.

12-11-2016, 10:40 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I was very disappointed to learn the Pano feature on both the 35mm and APS cameras was all cropping. Personally I'd rather crop in post.