Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2019, 07:12 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
Thanks Phil. Cuthbert, parts and labor probably cost less than shipping. vrolok, feel free to do so. You can definitely get all the parts - cel battery holder, pc sync cord, battery & LED, from the auction site for cheap.
Speaking as someone with no electrical experience, do I need a soldering iron for this? I really want one!

05-26-2019, 11:33 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lithedreamer Quote
Speaking as someone with no electrical experience, do I need a soldering iron for this? I really want one!
I suppose you can use crimp connectors or wire nuts in lieau of soldering them.
05-16-2021, 02:31 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
With the demise of fototime, I thought I would provide an updated photo from my new flickr site . . .

05-16-2021, 06:11 PM   #19
Veteran Member

... Unfortunately, there is no indicator when the LX has completed it's exposure so I have to occassionally check by looking into the viewfinder to see if the mirror has come back down....
My LX has a shutter cocked indicator on the top right of the camera, next to the pentaprism.
When the shutter is cocked, it is red.
When the shutter is uncocked, it is black.

So when the exposure is completed it turns from red to black.

All cameras should have this...

05-16-2021, 07:25 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Huss Quote
My LX has a shutter cocked indicator on the top right of the camera, next to the pentaprism.
When the shutter is cocked, it is red.
When the shutter is uncocked, it is black.

So when the exposure is completed it turns from red to black.

All cameras should have this...
That shutter cocked tiny dot does go from red to black at the conclusion of the unpredictably long autoexposure but it is not be visible unless you take a very close look at it with a light in the very dark environment this will be used in. Essentially the same as looking through the viewfinder as I used to do before I made this device.
05-16-2021, 08:09 PM   #21
Veteran Member

That shutter cocked tiny dot does go from red to black at the conclusion of the unpredictably long autoexposure but it is not be visible unless you take a very close look at it with a light in the very dark environment this will be used in. Essentially the same as looking through the viewfinder as I used to do before I made this device.
I can see mine from at least 6 feet away. But yes I would have to shine a light on it in the dark, but still much quicker/easier than looking through the vf.

Your way is very cool, but for those who don't want to/know how to/are unable to source the parts, this works.

Last edited by Huss; 05-16-2021 at 08:15 PM.
05-16-2021, 08:24 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Huss Quote
I can see mine from at least 6 feet away. But yes I would have to shine a light on it in the dark, but still much quicker/easier than looking through the vf.

Your way is very cool, but for those who don't want to/know how to/are unable to source the parts, this works.
Due to the unpredictably long auto exposure, you will have to check on it ever so often too.
The parts cost less then a couple of bucks and you probably could pay more in shipping!

Couldn't be simpler to put together and most definitely well worth the cost and effort if you take these extraordinarilly long autoexposure as it is intended to be used.