Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-25-2008, 10:51 PM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote

Ei mulla ole kun viisi ja tytto otti kaksi valokuvaleirille.

Return everyone to a more universal language... I admire those who do the CLA thing, but I'm in the camp of struggle along with however the camera is, and only if it stops making photographs consider getting it repaired. I have learned to re-do the light seals, that is easy and fun to do actually. I keep telling myself that someday I'll clean the outside of some of my cameras too...
How the heck do you know Finnish that well? Ancestors?

Anyways, I think I'll CLA all my film bodies now that my LX jammed after 2 and a half rolls leading to a way more expensive repair than a CLA would have been.

Best regards,
Boucicaut

10-26-2008, 02:50 AM   #47
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Boucicaut Quote
How the heck do you know Finnish that well? Ancestors?

Anyways, I think I'll CLA all my film bodies now that my LX jammed after 2 and a half rolls leading to a way more expensive repair than a CLA would have been.

Best regards,
Boucicaut
Turussa syntynyt, Hesassa asunut. Nyt siis USAssa 35 vuotta.

I think the CLAs are good things - I have to get my butt in gear, the KX definitely needs one. And I have like two local alternatives to boot: Essex Camera Repair is about a 12 minute drive, and my Russian camera source is a repair tech.

Jussi
10-26-2008, 04:06 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Quite a few Finns on this forum it seems. Well now I know who to bark at when loosing Huuto auctions...

Nice collection by the way both to Pasi and Nesster.

Terveisiä Ruotsista
10-26-2008, 05:33 PM   #49
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
In an effort to trim down my 35mm collection last year I sold off most of my rangefinders.
But since then my increasing number of Pentax bodies has more than made up for it.
I'm afraid to gather them all up and count - I may be in double figures now!

Chris
Don't be such a wimp Chris. You almost have a legal oblogation (and certainly a moral one) not only to count them but post a picture - a family portrait as it were.

12-09-2008, 01:37 AM   #50
Inactive Account

I just put on ebay: Z1p, AF400FTZ, cable release, all manuals,Pentax 35-135 AF, Sigma 28-80, Sigma f2.8 24mm and a Ricoh1.4 50mm. Everything in excellent condition, but I am not sure of pricing - can any one help?.
12-09-2008, 06:00 AM   #51
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I hate you all! I hate you! I'm just so far behind, with my miserable collection of K100DS, K1000 and ME-F (which doesn't even meter anymore) and half-a-dozen lenses. I'll never catch up. It's galling!
12-09-2008, 07:09 AM   #52
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wombat Quote
I hate you all! I hate you! I'm just so far behind, with my miserable collection of K100DS, K1000 and ME-F (which doesn't even meter anymore) and half-a-dozen lenses. I'll never catch up. It's galling!
Oh, c'mon. It's not as if you're the only one who's way behind.

Consider that I only have a K200D, K1000, and a Spotmatic, plus four lenses. You're actually ahead of me.

The LX and the MZ-S are my goals for now (I REALLY can't afford any of the * lenses), but budget dictates that I won't be able to buy those for quite some time, so I'm happy to just trawl around and look for budget lenses for the bodies. It's just as fun, too.

12-09-2008, 07:22 AM   #53
Veteran Member

I've always wanted a better condition SuperProgram, couldn't help to hit the Buy It Now button this morning when I saw these:

This is my third SuperProgram, and hopefully a long time keeper
12-09-2008, 08:13 AM   #54
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimfear Quote
Quite a few Finns on this forum it seems. Well now I know who to bark at when loosing Huuto auctions...

Nice collection by the way both to Pasi and Nesster.

Terveisiä Ruotsista
Hälsningar från Finland...och gud jul!

BTW: that Super Program is a nice looking camera!

Bouci
12-09-2008, 11:13 AM   #55
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Looks like a firing squad! Who (what) are the participant cameras?

Steve

Edit: Posted before I saw your follow-up post...hope the Fuji escaped without permanent harm.
12-09-2008, 11:19 AM   #56
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
I've always wanted a better condition SuperProgram, couldn't help to hit the Buy It Now button this morning when I saw these:

This is my third SuperProgram, and hopefully a long time keeper
What a great purchase! May I ask what the BIN price was?

Steve
12-09-2008, 11:39 AM   #57
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I have to admit to having a mild case of both LBA and CBA. Fortunately, both are held at bay by my tendency towards being a penny-pincher. I guess I just really like the feel of quality precision devices such as the classic mechanical and early automated SLR. Ditto for metal-bodied lenses.

The best remedy for both LBA and CBA is to stay off eBay and to completely ignore posts to the marketplace!

Steve

(Have three film bodies and currently watching 3 eBay auctions...)
12-09-2008, 12:34 PM   #58
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
What a great purchase! May I ask what the BIN price was?

Steve
Not cheap, $299 plus shipping $53, but if they are as good (all like new) as the seller claimed, I'd be happy
12-09-2008, 02:17 PM   #59
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimfear Quote
I've noticed. Still wondering if anyone'd like to coach me in anything funny and photographic to say at my sweetie, next time photo things mysteriously-appear.

BTW, is there anything special or desirable about those P3s?

There's one nearby I think I could obtain from someone who doesn't know any better than I do what it's worth, but pretty arbitrarily charges a hundred bucks for anything with a lens that goes to it. Kind of all plastic to me.
12-09-2008, 02:54 PM   #60
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I wouldn't bother with the P series slrs, as they're pretty plastic and not (much) cheaper than the better bodies. I have two P series bodies and I rarely use them anymore after I got a Me Super and then Super A.