Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-09-2008, 11:22 PM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tranq78 Quote
For $100-$150 you can buy a very nice manual or autofocus film body and get "full frame". A full frame D-SLR will probably cost well in excess of $2,000... that pays for an indefinite supply of film, in other words. Plus you have to worry about upgrading within 18 months.
And the money you lose (when upgrading withing 18months) is more than sufficient to buy enough film for 1.5 years use, and have them developed/printed

12-09-2008, 11:24 PM   #77
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dantuyhoa Quote
Nice buy there frank !
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonson PL Quote
Congratulations Frank. That looks to be in outstanding condition
Thanks Tran and Jonson Hope EMS shipping from the States is faster than I expected ...
12-09-2008, 11:35 PM   #78
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by AndrewG NY Quote
Sweet kit, frank. Why did they insist on putting those stupid 'PASSED' stickers all over everything?

(I think other Japanese cameramakers had them too--maybe some sort of Japanese consumer-friendly laws or at least convention?)
The sticker was an indicator of first quality goods that at least met the basic Japanese standards. Remember that for some time after WWII, Japanese goods were considered, and frequently were, shoddy. When I bought my first SLR in the late 60s any camera/lens without the sticker was immediately suspect of having flunked QC and/or was black market. That is also one of the reasons why the stickers are still on most used gear. You could kill your resale by removing the sticker.

Steve
12-09-2008, 11:38 PM   #79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
I've noticed. Still wondering if anyone'd like to coach me in anything funny and photographic to say at my sweetie, next time photo things mysteriously-appear.

BTW, is there anything special or desirable about those P3s?

There's one nearby I think I could obtain from someone who doesn't know any better than I do what it's worth, but pretty arbitrarily charges a hundred bucks for anything with a lens that goes to it. Kind of all plastic to me.
You mean something funny and photographic to say in Finnish?

12-10-2008, 12:18 AM   #80
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
Not cheap, $299 plus shipping $53, but if they are as good (all like new) as the seller claimed, I'd be happy
I've always wanted a better condition SuperProgram, couldn't help to hit the Buy It Now button this morning when I saw these:

*snip*

This is my third SuperProgram, and hopefully a long time keeper
That's a mighty fine purchase you got there. And at $300, that's already a steal where I'm from. I'd reckon sellers here would value and be insistent on selling that whole set for around $500 or more.

You Westerners are so lucky. Us Asians (or, at least, non-HK, SG, or Japan Asians) are usually left-off of a lot of eBay offers by the sellers. :P
12-10-2008, 01:48 AM   #81
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vinzer Quote
That's a mighty fine purchase you got there. And at $300, that's already a steal where I'm from. I'd reckon sellers here would value and be insistent on selling that whole set for around $500 or more.

You Westerners are so lucky. Us Asians (or, at least, non-HK, SG, or Japan Asians) are usually left-off of a lot of eBay offers by the sellers. :P
Hey, I'm from Singapore, just slightly north of your place

Went to Philippines for a one week photo trip last year, what a wonderful country! Really loved the trip:
Philippines Trip 2007
12-10-2008, 06:24 AM   #82
Veteran Member

Hey, I'm from Singapore, just slightly north of your place

Went to Philippines for a one week photo trip last year, what a wonderful country! Really loved the trip:
Philippines Trip 2007
Oh yeah, you are! Stupid me, I failed to notice that. I've been to SG once, though I wasn't into photography then.

I'm planning to find a job there once I clear my SCJP certification. I really like your country.

I take it your fabulous find was listed as being available worldwide? I really should get back to sniffing on eBay. I was very much disappointed in the country-specific availability of a lot of the items back when I was shopping there.

Let us know how the items turned out. You know the deal - shots, shots, and more shots.

12-10-2008, 11:09 AM   #83
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Boucicaut Quote
You mean something funny and photographic to say in Finnish?
That's what I meant, yes.