Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-19-2008, 07:10 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Yes, 400CN is excellent film. The results I have seen are quite surprising (since it is not a true b&w film).

Glen

07-21-2008, 03:19 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I plan to put all my 6 film slrs side by side and take a few pictures of them with my dslr. I'll post the results here in this thread

The Super Program I bought last Thursday arrived in the mail today. It was supposed to be in mint condition (like-new?) but certainly isn't. Nevertheless I'm quite happy with it. I loaded it with some basic color negative Kodak ASA 400 film to try if it leaks light or exposes incorrectly.
07-21-2008, 03:25 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pasipasi Quote
I plan to put all my 6 film slrs side by side and take a few pictures of them with my dslr. I'll post the results here in this thread

The Super Program I bought last Thursday arrived in the mail today. It was supposed to be in mint condition (like-new?) but certainly isn't. Nevertheless I'm quite happy with it. I loaded it with some basic color negative Kodak ASA 400 film to try if it leaks light or exposes incorrectly.
As a routine part of buying a used camera body I budget a trip to Eric for a CLA - consider having that done -> Pentax Camera Service Home
07-21-2008, 05:47 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I don't think I have that option here in Finland. There's a camera repair shop nearby though, I might visit them sometime.

07-22-2008, 12:43 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Eagerly awaiting to see the family.
07-22-2008, 03:00 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Here are the film bodies with some prime lenses. Couldn't get all in focus with flash, so I tried with a tripod and F29 but the sensor dirt was too much. No home studio here, sorry

Right. In Front row ME Super, Super Program and Super A. 2nd row P30t, SF7 and P3n.
07-22-2008, 03:02 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Ei mulla ole kun viisi ja tytto otti kaksi valokuvaleirille.

Return everyone to a more universal language... I admire those who do the CLA thing, but I'm in the camp of struggle along with however the camera is, and only if it stops making photographs consider getting it repaired. I have learned to re-do the light seals, that is easy and fun to do actually. I keep telling myself that someday I'll clean the outside of some of my cameras too...

07-22-2008, 03:06 AM   #38
Veteran Member

Man the SF7 is large and homely looking. I think your first row cameras are in the sweet spot of film pentaxes, they have enough automation to make them easy, but still are made of enough metal etc to make them robust.

Which is your favorite?
07-22-2008, 03:06 AM   #39
Forum Member

I don't think I have that option here in Finland. There's a camera repair shop nearby though, I might visit them sometime.
Hi Pasi,

I heard a rumour that the local service in Oulu has quit doing business.

It is a shame as they provided local service with reasonable cost. I serviced my ME Super there some time ago and they had nice customer service, even if I had to take the camera back to fix another issue just after the service.

I'm suffering from CBA myself, I have MZ-5N, LX, MX, SuperA, ME Super, P30N and Spotmatic. Would like to have that kind of mint ME Super also though, my cameras are all used...
07-22-2008, 03:17 AM   #40
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I have to say the SF7 is easily the ugliest Pentax body I've ever seen. The favorites are in the first row. Maybe the Super A / Super Program couple are my favorites.

P30t was the first film slr body I bought, P3n the 2nd. The last 3 have been the ME Super, Super A and the Super Program. Their metal body feels much better than the plastic P-series and SF7. After getting the A-series bodies I've been thinking of selling the P-series. They just don't feel so good anymore when compared to the A-series.

solisti, that's a real shame. I never even visited the shop to see what's there. Only called them once to ask how much would a lens repair cost.

Nesster, what bodies are those?
07-22-2008, 03:30 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Yes, I think so also, ME Super, Super A and Super Pgm are the top of the heap. Pinnacle of amateur cameras. (Daughter said eew when I offered her a ZX-10 to take with her, she wanted the Pgm Plus)

Here's a better view:
K100D w/70 Ltd
ZX-10 w/43 ltd
Pgm Plus w/Tamron 90/2.5
KX w/50/1.7
SP1000 w/50/1.4

Facing them is the pretender, a Fuji ST605
07-22-2008, 06:13 AM   #42
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hehe I actually loaded my SF7 with film for the first time just now. The battery it uses is quite absurd and hard to find so I haven't bothered with it until now. Man what a sound it makes. Very lazy AF and funny winder
07-22-2008, 11:01 AM   #43
Veteran Member

Sadly, my KX has a light leak and otherwise sticky / crumbling light seals... I'll have to fix that.
Which leaves me available only the ZX-10 in film K mount... until daughter returns or I fix those seals. Goes to show one can't have too many camera bodies.
10-25-2008, 03:19 AM   #44
Veteran Member

Here are the film bodies with some prime lenses. Couldn't get all in focus with flash, so I tried with a tripod and F29 but the sensor dirt was too much. No home studio here, sorry

Right. In Front row ME Super, Super Program and Super A. 2nd row P30t, SF7 and P3n.
A sweet line-up
The P30t actually looks cool in this picture. Didn't like it on the Boz site, so didn't wanna get too new manual focus cams, which more resembled early AF cams.
I had a discussion with MU55, and he said that when in dodgy places in third world countries, he often goes with a metal look film SLR and manual focus lens, so sending out more relaxed signals. And how the owner is probably not one with a lot of wealth on him.

Regarding your interest with many manual film cams, I think it is a natural move for some. I had been using SLR for a longer period, but not really getting into details with all the opportunities. With digital you learn all the basic important stuff, and can experiment. You buy a manual lens or two, and discover what marbles they really are. This increases interest, since you start thinking "what else have been kept from me", and you start looking into B&W film, because digital can’t really hit the feeling. Pentax has the road open, so it is natural to get interested.
I have two SLR film bodies at the moment, but have three other checked on a wish list. This interest into more photo background has only started after I got my K10 digital.

Last edited by Jonson PL; 10-25-2008 at 03:25 AM.
10-25-2008, 07:58 AM   #45
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonson PL Quote
Regarding your interest with many manual film cams, I think it is a natural move for some.
I know that for me, this is what I really enjoy about photography and in particular shooting film. Shooting manual has taught me a whole bunch. I can't see me going the auto film way at all. Nothing wrong with that, it is just not me. Right now I am watching a couple of LX's on eekbay. Once I have one of those, I think I will be pretty set with my film set up.