Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2008, 04:05 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I just bought my 6th Pentax slr body, what's going on?

Hi

I've just purchased a Pentax Super Program body from ebay. As listed in my signature I already have SF7, Me Super, P30t, P3n and Super A bodies.

Buying film bodies is so much fun. They're cheap and fun to use. I don't I've touched my dslr in a week or so and I've shot 3 rolls of film in the past week. The K100D Super was my first slr and after I got into the world of slr photography, I've bought all those film bodies. I can see that many people are moving from film to digital, selling all the old gear to people like me. Does something like this happen to somebody else, or is it just me? I kinda feel pissed at myself for buying that much stuff, but I just can't help it. Gotta say I just love the shutter sound of Super A or ME Super.

Well here's a picture of my ME Super, have a look. Almost never used

07-16-2008, 04:17 PM   #2

Looks Really Nice!

QuoteOriginally posted by pasipasi Quote
Hi

I've just purchased a Pentax Super Program body from ebay. As listed in my signature I already have SF7, Me Super, P30t, P3n and Super A bodies.

Buying film bodies is so much fun. They're cheap and fun to use. I don't I've touched my dslr in a week or so and I've shot 3 rolls of film in the past week. The K100D Super was my first slr and after I got into the world of slr photography, I've bought all those film bodies. I can see that many people are moving from film to digital, selling all the old gear to people like me. Does something like this happen to somebody else, or is it just me? I kinda feel pissed at myself for buying that much stuff, but I just can't help it. Gotta say I just love the shutter sound of Super A or ME Super.

Well here's a picture of my ME Super, have a look. Almost never used
Yeah, I can relate. I started out with Pentax by purchasing a K100D and very soon after began buying film bodies as well. I have a much more used ME Super, Z-1p, PZ-10 (came with a lens that I wanted) and currently am trying to sell a NIB LX in the marketplace. I have also had a Program A and a P3 that I gave to my nephews.
I started out with a C@n0n FTb in high school but had never held a Pentax before the K100D.
07-16-2008, 04:42 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Somebody might notice that Super A and Super Program are actually the same, so I've just bought another copy of the same model. Well I wouldn't have, if my Super A was in better condition. It has lots of wear and paint loss in the corner and some bumbs here and there. Seems to work pretty well though. The Super Program I just bought seems to be in better condition.
07-16-2008, 05:57 PM   #4
Veteran Member

You are experencing CBA. Allot like LBA.

I, of course, do not have CBA. Nope. No problem here. Everything under control.

Me and my Spotmatic, ME Super, three K1000's, LX, and S3 do not have a problem.

I really have no desire to buy an MX, K2, or a KX. A black Super A would not temp me in the least.

07-16-2008, 10:24 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Very cool and you have the next lens I plan to aquire...I look forward to seeing your film images...

What are you going to be using for film?
07-16-2008, 11:07 PM   #6
Pentaxian

I can relate to that:
I didn't mean to buy them they just seemed to tag along as a lens attachment: H2, SpottieII, K1000x2, P30T and SFX. I like the look of them and they make nice rear lens caps for the various lenses that are missing them. The 1000s are in pretty yuck condition so i intend renovating the exteriors and turning them into book ends.
07-16-2008, 11:34 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Check out my sig, all acquired in the last couple of months.
Not to mention all the ones I've bought and sold.
I have settled on these as my favorites.

I love the old film bodies. Now I need a screw mount body and a black K2!

07-16-2008, 11:44 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Arjay Bee Quote
I can relate to that:
I didn't mean to buy them they just seemed to tag along as a lens attachment: H2, SpottieII, K1000x2, P30T and SFX. I like the look of them and they make nice rear lens caps for the various lenses that are missing them. The 1000s are in pretty yuck condition so i intend renovating the exteriors and turning them into book ends.
Get them bronzed for bookends?
07-17-2008, 05:57 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
Get them bronzed for bookends?
Better to take them out and "brass" them from loving over-use. My ME shows a bit of brassing, which I am given to understand some find a negative. Me? I take it as a sign that it was loved and extensively used by someone and I am just taking up the baton where he left off.

And the shutter sound of an SV or Spotmatic is a treat all its own as well.

K20D, K100D, Spotmatic ESII, and ME here. (Though my Yashicas still outnumber my Pentaxes.....)
07-17-2008, 06:24 AM   #10
Veteran Member

I didn't just buy a Pentax ME today. I'll surely not be getting it next week.
07-17-2008, 06:26 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Oh and I've spotted this most awesome Minolta with a 35-80 lens. It feels fantastic in my hand.
07-17-2008, 07:25 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
My ME shows a bit of brassing, which I am given to understand some find a negative. Me? I take it as a sign that it was loved and extensively used by someone and I am just taking up the baton where he left off.
Exactly right !
07-17-2008, 08:18 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Take a look at my Super A here Picasa Web Albums - Pasi - Super A

This is actually the first slr body that bugs me for having paintloss etc. Maybe because it's the best film slr yet that I have. I feel though that I'll still keep this body even with the Super Program I just bought. I got the Super A last thursday and at the moment I have two rolls of film at a store where they develop them. Tomorrow I'll see if my Super A is exposing correctly and if it's leaking any light. Exciting.

Today I'm going to scan some negatives I got from my P3n. From the film winding sound I think it's scratching the negatives.
07-17-2008, 08:51 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I too started with the K100D Super (which morphed into a K10D a couple months ago) as my first slr/dslr and now I'm also into film Pentaxes, namely the LX

Maybe I'll get a Pentax 645 + a 45mm lens for landscapes at a later point.

I'm also planning to build a darkroom for BW in the coming winter.

Best regards,
Boucicaut
07-17-2008, 09:50 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
Very cool and you have the next lens I plan to aquire...I look forward to seeing your film images...

What are you going to be using for film?
I already posted some photos on "Post your photos!" forum and some are on flickr, check them out. I have Agfa APX 100 and Fujifilm Neopan 1600 b&w film in my fridge