Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-25-2016, 06:36 PM   #1

Does the Pentax ME belt clip fit the ME Super as well?

Does the Pentax ME belt clip fit the ME Super as well? Just checking before I buy.

06-25-2016, 07:08 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It should as the bodies are identical.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-25-2016, 07:14 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
No ref to belt clip in either of ME Super instruction book or "Lenses and Accessories" of 1980
06-26-2016, 08:48 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wombat2go Quote
No ref to belt clip in either of ME Super instruction book or "Lenses and Accessories" of 1980
My guess is that the belt clip is something that the USA Pentax distributor released and is not an official Asahi Pentax Japan item.

Phil.

06-26-2016, 10:16 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
My guess is that the belt clip is something that the USA Pentax distributor released and is not an official Asahi Pentax Japan item.

Phil.
I suppose that is possible. there are no other markings on mine than the Pentax logo. If I can find the box, I will check for any other info.

However, since it does appear in the ME manual, wouldn't that suggest that it was released by Asahi Pentax Japan?
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
E-M1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-M1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-M1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-M1  Photo 

Last edited by emergo; 06-26-2016 at 10:27 AM.
06-26-2016, 12:11 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by emergo Quote
I suppose that is possible. there are no other markings on mine than the Pentax logo. If I can find the box, I will check for any other info.

However, since it does appear in the ME manual, wouldn't that suggest that it was released by Asahi Pentax Japan?
Yep you are right, I checked my ME manual and it's in the back as well. I also found a picture of the belt clip box and it does say Asahi Optical (Int'l) Ltd and "Hong Kong". So it may be an item only marketed in some areas, which would be the reason it does not appear in any Lenses and Accessories booklet from the ME period.

There was also an earlier KX belt buckle that on the back indicated in was made for "Honeywell" the US Pentax distributor. So the ME belt clip may be a similar item.

Phil.
10-04-2017, 09:31 PM   #7

I've come across one of these in black, NIB.

The box is the same as the one pictured at PENTAX Pentax ME Belt Clip reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database and is marked
Asahi Optical (Int'l) Ltd.
Hong Kong

The bag inside the box says "Made in Hong Kong".

And YES, it does fit the ME Super perfectly.

If anyone wants to buy it, reply here, and I'll re-join the buy and sell forum here.

Last edited by barry13; 10-04-2017 at 09:37 PM.
10-05-2017, 09:16 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I have the clip, the ME SE, the ME Super, the ME F, the Super Program, and the Super A. The clip is interchangeable between all of them and fits each of the equally well. Additionally, just for the gee whiz info, if you want the thumb grip from the Super A on your ME or ME Super, the film doors are interchangeable as well but the leatherette won't match perfectly.
12-16-2017, 06:48 PM   #9
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by barry13 Quote
I've come across one of these in black, NIB.

The box is the same as the one pictured at PENTAX Pentax ME Belt Clip reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database and is marked
Asahi Optical (Int'l) Ltd.
Hong Kong

The bag inside the box says "Made in Hong Kong".

And YES, it does fit the ME Super perfectly.

If anyone wants to buy it, reply here, and I'll re-join the buy and sell forum here.
I am looking for one. You still have it?
12-17-2017, 05:55 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have long been aware of this curious accessory. It is ingenious but IMO of questionable usefulness and very limited appeal.
FWIW I have never seen anyone with an SLR of any brand attached to their belt. But hey, it was the 1970's...
The illustration on the original box is very much of that time as well.
I agree with Phil; this item was probably dreamed up by some American marketing type.

Chris
12-17-2017, 04:48 PM   #11
Forum Member

Now these come in silver and in black correct?

---------- Post added 12-17-17 at 06:09 PM ----------

Of course there are many options out there, and this one even features a Pentax ME in the writeup.

Review: The Scarabaeus Camera Clip - The Phoblographer
08-09-2018, 11:48 AM   #12

QuoteOriginally posted by Blasst Quote
I am looking for one. You still have it?
Hi, sorry I didn't get a notification on your reply; I still have this; still interested?

EDIT: this is no longer available.

Last edited by barry13; 08-13-2018 at 03:07 PM.
08-09-2018, 06:40 PM   #13
Forum Member

Yes, sent you a PM
10-01-2018, 06:54 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Hmm. Something for my wish list!
10-01-2018, 08:22 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Wish no longer! I've had one for sale in my for sale thread. I know that people want these. I assume that the list of items that I have for sale is so long that people have been overlooking the belt clip.