Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
07-13-2016, 12:05 PM   #31

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by chickentender Quote
You have "Leica money" to spend? Oh, don't we all.
Seriously though, what the heck does that mean? Did you liquidate a collection or are you a stakeholder?
I sold off almost all my leica gear. All I have now is an m5 and summicron. I think I am going to find a really nice black KX as my next Pentax tho and just deal with my noisy LX I like the way the KX fits my hands

Last edited by Float; 07-13-2016 at 12:23 PM.
07-13-2016, 04:20 PM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Float Quote
I sold off almost all my leica gear. All I have now is an m5 and summicron. I think I am going to find a really nice black KX as my next Pentax tho and just deal with my noisy LX I like the way the KX fits my hands
The M5 is really nice to shoot with. I had bought a new M4 in 1968 (and v3 Summicron) and so passed on the M5 when it came out. I picked up a used one a few years ago, and like it - using an LTM Voigtlander Nokton 1.5, that seems the right size for it.
07-27-2016, 05:42 PM - 1 Like   #33
Loyal Site Supporter

The ping is normal depending on the shutter. Pentax made several changes to the shutter over the 20 year life of the camera. Early ones had a delightful pinging noise that sounded like an angel's chime.
I was photographing a wedding in a church well known for having excellent acoustics. I was in the choir loft shooting the ceremony with a 300mm lens on one of my LX bodies. One picture, I tripped the shutter just as the priest paused his sermon for a moment, and the ping of the LX reverberated around the church for what seemed like an eternity.