Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-07-2016, 10:09 PM   #16
Pentaxian

The MX is a handsome camera and black ones especially - that one looks almost pristine. In my opinion it's worth paying a bit more for a camera that has been looked after and is working well.

I hope you enjoy it.

I recently got a couple of EOS cameras (30 & 300 - lower down the scale than the 3) and I enjoy using them because the AF is so good. However, they will never replace my older, slower, more enjoyable manual Pentax and Minolta cameras.

BTW those are some lofty plans you have for collecting other cameras - they don't sound cheap.

09-08-2016, 05:36 AM   #17
Forum Member

Original Poster
Cheap is relative. By the time I get the ones I have plans for, I will still have spent less than what I paid for just my EOS 5D Mk3 body alone.
09-08-2016, 10:54 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ctrout Quote
Cheap is relative. By the time I get the ones I have plans for, I will still have spent less than what I paid for just my EOS 5D Mk3 body alone.
You may have to pony up even more if you were planning on a -> Pentax LX Titan . . .

However there are definitely more affordable LX's around but don't be surprised how rare and expensive some of the accessories are.
09-08-2016, 08:02 PM   #19
Forum Member

Original Poster
I don't need any special edition of the LX, it is special enough in it's most common trim. As for accessories, I would just need to find one that is configured like my old one to make me very happy. Just the plain black body with the FA-1 finder I think it was. It was the standard eye-level pentaprism finder. The only things I want the LX for is because it was the pinnacle of the Pentax film sir, I had one and loved it, and the OTF metering accuracy. It was so nice to set it to aperture priority at an event and not have to think about any of the many other flashes going off negatively affecting my exposure.