Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-19-2016, 08:18 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Realign blue needle on K2

The blue needle that indicates shutter speed in the viewfinder is off by about a stop or two, and it bugs the heck out of me. I've seen a few reports of this with requests for help in the archives, but no solutions. Can anyone with experience offer guidance so I can try to fix this myself?

08-19-2016, 09:11 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Are you sure that the exposure compensation ring is set to 1X?
08-19-2016, 09:51 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Exposure compensation doesn't affect the shutter speed indicator. It changes the position of the black needle.
08-19-2016, 10:13 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
The blue needle that indicates shutter speed in the viewfinder is off by about a stop or two, and it bugs the heck out of me. I've seen a few reports of this with requests for help in the archives, but no solutions. Can anyone with experience offer guidance so I can try to fix this myself?
I had that with one of my K2DMD bodies, a trip to Eric solved the issue.I believe he just had to realign the shutter speed dial??

Phil.

08-19-2016, 10:47 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxus Quote
Exposure compensation doesn't affect the shutter speed indicator. It changes the position of the black needle.
Right you are. My bad.
08-20-2016, 06:04 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My K2 was having a simular issue where the blue needle would not move past 60, any setting 60 to Auto was 60 in the window. I was waiting to send it to Eric until he finished with my SP F and MX. Anyway when they got back I picked it up and low and behold it was working perfectly again. Mine was a flebay camera so it may have been stuck in a camera bag for years and was just gummed up. It will still go to Eric for CLA in the next month or so.
08-20-2016, 09:14 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for the responses so far, and I know Eric can fix it, but I use Av mode >90% of the time so it's really not worth it to me to send it in. I was hoping for some tear-down guidance from someone who's done this before. Cheers!
08-20-2016, 09:56 AM - 1 Like   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Use it in Auto and get a KX to go with it for manual exposure.