Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-19-2016, 10:10 PM   #1

Pentax PZ-70

Just want to find out how much I can sell a Pentax P Z-70 for. It has an extended lens. Be grateful for any feedback. I'm in the UK.

08-19-2016, 10:41 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

It depends entirely on the condition of the camera and lens, the make / model of that lens (which should all be printed on it somewhere - often on the ring surrounding the glass at the front), and any other accessories that may be bundled with it. Often, the lens itself is worth as much or more than the camera body, and in some cases people will buy purely to get the lens.

Things you need to know before pricing it up:

- Is the camera tested and working in all modes, and does it wind film without problems?
- Is there any physical wear and tear or damage to the camera or lens? Do they look brand new, or are there scratches, scrapes etc., and how bad are they?
- Is the mirror inside the camera body clean and undamaged?
- Is the viewfinder clean and clear?
- Is there any fungus, haze, balsam separation or scratching evident on the lens elements?

If you can verify the above - either yourself or, if you don't have the experience to do so, perhaps via a friend with film camera knowledge - then you can more accurately value the camera; otherwise, the buyer is taking a risk and would pay much less accordingly. Detailed photographs in any advertisement will help convince potential buyers confirm the physical condition of the equipment.

Once you're confident of the condition, eBay is usually a good place to get an idea of local prices, as this is where many buyers will check before buying from other sources. Search in the Cameras & Photography section for "Pentax PZ-70" and "Pentax Z-70" and look for auctions with similar equipment combinations.

Hope this helps

Last edited by BigMackCam; 08-19-2016 at 10:47 PM.
08-20-2016, 11:41 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks BigMack Cam! GrEat info. I just need to get back to my stepmother who's asking me to sell it and ask her about all this but problem is, she boughtt the camera in or around 1995 and won't remember much about it. I find details on the camera itself but I don't know how to get a photo of it up on here from my phone. :-)
08-21-2016, 02:35 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Suitlady Quote
I just need to get back to my stepmother who's asking me to sell it
You might be better selling it on ebay because forum rules for selling here on the MarketPlace disallow for selling equipment that isn't yours.

From the Marketplace rules:
QuoteQuote:
You may use the Marketplace to sell only your own new or used photo equipment (no selling for friends or others)

08-21-2016, 05:32 AM   #5

Original Poster
Hi Photolady95,

Thanks for the tip but I'm just here to find out what it's worth. :-)