Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2016, 09:40 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
LX focusing screen misalignment possible?

Is it possible to install an LX sunscreen improperly? The instructions do not really give much detail on how to put it in the holder correctly, but it looks to me like it is either installed correctly, or else the focusing screen holder/frame will not close.

There does seem to be some vertical play with the focusing screen -- like it can be slightly higher or lower, based on what seems to be the visible edge of the screen on the top or bottom seen through the viewfinder. Or does this indicate a misalignment?

08-22-2016, 11:02 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There is a tab that sticks out on the focusing screen. Make sure the tab is on the right side as you look from the front. Maybe that is the issue.
08-22-2016, 11:24 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
The tab was on the right side -- I don't think the holder/frame would close at all if the tab were on the wrong side.

I don't necessarily have an issue, I'm just trying to make sure I put the screen in correctly and what the margin for error is. It seemed less straightforward than I thought it owed be, especially since it is kind of hard to see inside the camera where the focusing screen is.
08-23-2016, 05:32 AM   #4
Pentaxian

There is a tangible snap once locked in place. Everything should be squared away flat and you can verify clearly with a magnifying glass (or macro lens on another body) and flashlight.