Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2016, 05:37 PM   #1

Diopter Attachment for Spotmatic -- New Pentax Guy Here

Hi All!

New to Pentax film cameras. I shoot Nikon F2 mostly, but picked up two Spotmatics and really really love these cameras!

I am wondering if anyone has or knows where I can find the little diopter lens thing that attaches to the viewfinder? I think that the Spotmatic and the K1000 use the same attachment. All of the ones for sale on eBay are for the M Pentax cameras.

I use a +0.5 on my Nikon F2s, so I probably need something similar for my Spotmatics.

Thanks for your help!

09-13-2016, 05:53 PM   #2

They do show up on eBay but rarely compared to the M diopters eyepieces. There's another type for Spotmatics made of metal with a rubber eyecup attached that takes a round lens. I bought one on eBay marked +1 on the box. I think some of them show up with no lens although Ive heard of some making the round lens from a pair of reading glasses with plastic lenses. The M diopters will work as I use a +2 on my Spotmatic. They're a little loose but candle wax in the slots on the sides seems to keep it in place. A good solution until one shows up on eBay .
09-13-2016, 06:00 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Craftsman Quote
They do show up on eBay but rarely compared to the M diopters eyepieces. There's another type for Spotmatics made of metal with a rubber eyecup attached that takes a round lens. I bought one on eBay marked +1 on the box. I think some of them show up with no lens although Ive heard of some making the round lens from a pair of reading glasses with plastic lenses. The M diopters will work as I use a +2 on my Spotmatic. They're a little loose but candle wax in the slots on the sides seems to keep it in place. A good solution until one shows up on eBay .
Thank you Craftsman! Appreciated.
09-13-2016, 11:08 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Try one of these:
PENTAX Refconverter A reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database